HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) PRN in McKinney, Texas
Medical City McKinney
Clinical Decision Unit / CDU
/ / Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer: - Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans - Paid Time Off - Short Term & Long Term Disability - Tuition Reimbursement - 401K - Employee Assistance Program - Employee Recognition Programs - Discounted tickets at many local attractions - Discounts to various retail stores and more….
_Registered Nurse for Clinical Decision Unit (CD)_
Utilizing the standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the ANA and the TNA, the RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for patients observed in the Clinical Decision Unit (CDU). Patients in the CDU are considered an extension of the emergency department. The RN in this position will be responsible for enhancing patient flow from the emergency department to the CDU to disposition as an inpatient or discharge home. Nursing care will include individualized, family-centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care with attention to cultural needs as well.
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing. High School graduate or GED required.
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Hospital/Inpatient Acute Care experience within the last 2 years highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format. Flexibility to intervene on a moment’s notice. Ability to problem-solve, and seek assistance from team members when necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment is key.
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) PRN
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-106270