Hilton Analyst, Operations Finance FP&A in McLean, Virginia
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Analyst, you will work with multiple teams to drive the budget and forecast process, and to report and analyze regular financial and operational results. Your work will include forecast reports, board presentations, and ad-hoc analyses. You will also work with the Corporate Accounting team in McLean, the Area Finance teams in the Americas, Europe, MEA and Asia Pacific, the Corporate FP&A team and the Treasury team.
More specifically, you will:
- Prepare and consolidate weekly hotel forecast.
- Support monthly Global Operations Finance reporting processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reports, and regular review and analysis of results.
- Build, improve, and maintain key financial and business metrics reports, dashboards and scorecards.
- Provide data management and analytical support for the development of the annual operating budget and forecasting processes.
- Analyze business performance using financial and statistical techniques to monitor business trends and the effectiveness of strategic initiatives.
- Perform ad-hoc project analysis and respond to questions from the executive leadership and ownership teams.
- Be an active participant in and contributor to analytical discussions with all levels of management.
What are we looking for?
For success in this role, you will be a self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Learn new concepts quickly, ask questions, challenge assumptions, and willing to take measured risks when necessary
- Build financial models to support forecasting, business analysis, and financial metric reporting
- Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Collaborative teammates who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Accountable individuals who make great use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics
- Two (2) years of experience in finance, financial planning and analysis, financial reporting or operations analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics
- Three (3) years of experience in financial planning and analysis or operations
- One (1) year of finance and/or analytical experience in the hospitality industry
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Hyperion, Oracle
- Familiarity with Tableau
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Analyst, Operations Finance FP&A
Requisition ID: FIN01535