Hilton Counsel, Global Brands & Marketing in McLean, Virginia
The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton's legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company's legal obligations.
What will I be doing?
Hilton seeks a highly motivated individual, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities, to serve as Counsel, Global Brands and Marketing.
You will be responsible for providing daily legal support for ongoing operational elements of our business, with a primary focus on supporting the Global Brands and Marketing teams. You will work with the Global Brands and Marketing legal team to support initiatives and programs that drive the Hilton Customer Organization. These groups include the Marketing, Communications, and Hilton Honors loyalty program teams.
More specifically, you will:
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements, which may include sponsorship, partnership, agency and vendor contracts.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on areas of subject matter expertise.
- Review and edit terms and conditions for loyalty and marketing offers.
- Support the review of creative assets and the development of substantiation for advertising claims.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of and advise on the potential business impact of the latest developments in loyalty, marketing and advertising laws, rules and regulations.
- Create and deliver dynamic training programs on critical topics relevant to business partners, including, but not limited to, loyalty programs, advertising law, social media and influencers, and contests and sweepstakes.
- Develop and maintain legal reference materials on critical topics of business risk.
- Handle outside counsel spend to drive efficient work product and billing practices.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who have a real passion for finding new and creative solutions to hard problems. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong writing, communication and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to consistently perform at high level
- A creative and strategic approach to problem solving and performance improvement within the department
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school
- Two (2) years of relevant experience, which should include practicing law at a leading law firm or corporation as a transactional attorney
- Admitted to practice law, active and in good standing with the Virginia State Bar, or with another state bar and registered, or be eligible to register, as in-house counsel with Virginia State Bar
- Experience negotiating contracts and reviewing legal documents
- Experience interacting with business partners and developing trust
- Extraordinary writing ability and proofreading skills and strong communication skills
- Collaborative teammate who understands key legal concepts and seamlessly relays them to business partners
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Extremely responsive with customer service orientation and initiative to ensure timely support
- High degree of initiative and sense of responsibility and able to develop new and creative ideas
- Windows literate: working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel 10% of time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Ability to prioritize and undertake multiple projects and critical tasks with competing pressures in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the hospitality industry
- Experience with franchise business models
- Experience working with and/or managing outside counsel
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Counsel, Global Brands & Marketing
Requisition ID: LEG0102A