Hilton Director, Marketing Finance in McLean, Virginia
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Marketing Finance, you will report to the Senior Director, Marketing Finance and will be responsible for leading the global marketing FP&A function, as well as the marketing spend controllership function. You will build positive and collaborative business relationships and will become the financial authority and advisor on marketing projects and business cases, providing insightful information on request, identifying business opportunities, anticipating and mitigating budget risks, and devising strategies to deliver against current and future global priorities. The Marketing Finance team provides all strategic and day-to-day financial support to the global marketing team and our primary responsibilities include: financial planning & analysis, processing and control of all marketing spend and being the dedicated financial advisor to the marketing leadership team, including the provision of financial appraisals and insights in support of numerous marketing-related projects and investment opportunities.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead a team of seven (7) Team Members based in McLean Headquarters, providing clear direction, and definition on individual roles and responsibilities
- Support and provide mentorship to the team through suitable training and continued advice to help the team achieve their career goals
- Prioritize and delegate as needed to achieve management objectives with optimal resource allocation and streamlined processes
- Build and maintain positive cross functional relationships with other Global Brands and Commercial Services (GBCS) functional finance teams and business partners
- Lead annual global marketing budget process and 5 year operating plan reviews, providing clear timescales, taking a lead in budget review meetings and production of budget review materials
- Lead monthly forecast process and monthly business review reporting, identifying budget risks & opportunities, cost trends and identifying corrective action
- Lead the creation of marketing spend support function, establishing streamlined process with controls, drive compliance through regular reports and updates to marketing leaders
- Support Senior Director with ad hoc projects and contribute to reporting deliverables
- Represent marketing finance in marketing leadership meetings
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent financial analysis skills; ability to analyze financial data to identify trends and issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Excellent financial modeling skills, including ability to build dynamic Revenue and Expense forecasting models with multiple input sources
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop analytical skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met
- Passionate about leading teams and previous experience supervising a team or individual
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA / BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven (7) years of related experience in Financial Analysis or in a business unit finance role
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA / MS Master’s Degree
- Ten (10) years of professional financial work experience
- Proficiency with Oracle Smart View and/or Hyperion Essbase
- Experience working with and/or familiarity with the functions within Marketing
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Director, Marketing Finance
Requisition ID: FIN01531