Hilton Executive Director, Business Travel Sales in McLean, Virginia
***This position is a Virtual/Remote role***
With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We’re focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, passionately driven to grow our market. We are consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe.
What will I be doing?
As the Executive Director of Business Travel Sales, you will direct a team of Senior Directors, Directors, Account executives, and administrative support comprising in excess of 60 individuals in pursuit of growing revenue in Hilton’s Multi-Billion Dollar U.S. Transient Business Travel segment. You will use solid strategic thinking skills to define the Strategy for this market. As you build the strategy approach and implementation, you will also need to build a proven data driven analysis inclusive of measurable results to validate the strategic plan against the business plan. By crafting, validating and elevating the market approach you will uphold the process of vetting entrepreneurial ideas.
As a Leader, you will deploy your team accordingly, to encourage growth, as well as to solicit and handle assigned accounts within the BTS market segment, and to direct the overall administration for BTS.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and control the strategy, market approach, and operating budget, which facilitate the development and execution of the annual Business Plan.
- Communicate with hotel and brand communities regarding trends in the market place and assist with conflict resolution.
- Craft the BTS departmental strategy.
- Take ultimate responsibility for achieving revenue goals.
- Develop a collaborative culture to share standard methodologies for working with corporate customers.
- Take steps to instill Value Engagement principles across BTS.
- Lead and ensure alignment of direct reports and the overall Hilton Worldwide Sales organization.
- Own the solicitation of new accounts in order to improve opportunities for enterprise revenue production.
- Develop current talent and motivate achievement of greater strategic goals and performance.
- Ensure team success in the achievement of key goals and measures.
- Ensure the intranet site updated with relevant information for hotels and brands, including account profiles, volume reports and call reports.
- Oversee the generation of business leads to all Hilton Worldwide properties through New Account Development, the RFP Qualifier and the RFP process.
- Serve as an external Ambassador promoting industry relations and collaboration with existing and newly formed partnerships and alliances across the Distribution Landscape.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key customers.
- Provide executive feedback, inclusive of requested reports and projects.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree or ten (10) years of Travel Industry experience
- Fifteen (15) years of professional
- Seven (7) years of National Sales Management and/or Hotel experience
- Experience leading a remote team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBS) or related field
- Five (5) years of hotel sales experience focused on selling to corporations
- History of participation in relevant Industry Trade Groups
- Past hotel property level experience in operations or sales
- Analytic intelligence experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Executive Director, Business Travel Sales
Requisition ID: SAL01320