Hilton Executive Director, Corporate Group Sales in McLean, Virginia
With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We’re focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, passionately driven to grow our market. We are consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a seasoned sales leader who excels at leading high performing sales teams by nurturing a coaching culture and delivering performance excellence. As the Executive Director, Corporate Group Sales, within Hilton Sales, you will have a primary focus on corporate sales, and will lead the team to be the most sought after sales partner in hospitality.
In this role, you will be committed to overseeing training, development, and motivation of the sales team, and will be responsible for revenue generation within Corporate Group Sales. You will provide strategic oversight of the corporate group sales goal and operating budget. You will direct oversight of the Corporate team members within Group Sales, Americas. You will drive results by promoting Hilton best practices, design customized solutions, and ensure our teams are accessible, responsive and consultative to all key stakeholders.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide direct support to the Vice President, Group Sales on key performance initiatives and overall Hilton Worldwide Sales (HWS) Group Sales priorities.
- Direct and lead the team to the successful achievement of key goals, measures, and qualifications of each account to determine (at minimum): number of events; total revenue potential; booking patterns and histories; decision-making factors; event, business, and personal needs; resources; and competition.
- Cultivate a collective coaching and mentorship culture. You will lead by example and hold yourself and leaders accountable for active performance coaching to drive performance and growth of Team Members.
- Drive performance with the team. You will set long-term goals that become the basis for short-term goals and annual operational planning.
- Implement strategic plans and a sales vision. You will be focused on driving topline growth on behalf of key business partners (Customers, Hotels, Owners, Brands, Commercial Colleagues).
- Identify business opportunities from assigned vertical segments and direct accordingly.
- Oversee departmental budgets, as assigned.
- Ensure consistent maintenance of sales information records, including account plans, profiles, activities and reports, events, histories, traces, and information pages.
- Document sales activity through lead and opportunity management and call reports.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about hospitality and who love the chance to create extraordinary guest experiences. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to effectively and professionally resolve conflicts
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Executive presence
- Problem solver who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others.
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
- Creative, insightful and collaborative leader who brings entrepreneurial energy to existing and new business opportunities
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR significant experience of ten (10) or more years in hotel or national sales management roles
- Ten (10) years professional sales experience
- Five (5) years of experience leading high performing teams
- Travel as required - up to 50% and flexibility to travel with minimal notice
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Consistent track record of strong selling skills
- Strong working knowledge of hotels, corporate travel, meetings and conventions
- Experience negotiating sales contracts
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Advanced degree
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft software applications, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, education and training
- Willingness to relocate
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Executive Director, Corporate Group Sales
Requisition ID: SAL0131Z