Hilton Manager, Brand Communications Portfolio in McLean, Virginia
As the Manger, Brand Communications, you will manage consumer communications and public relations tactics to increase visibility, improve company perception and drive greater awareness of Hilton’s full portfolio of brands. Priorities include initiatives that support our portfolio of brands through a consumer lens such as partnerships, Portfolio Marketing and Public Affairs. The areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to: strategic input into and production of print, broadcast and online outlet editorial pitches; creation and/or refinement of print and video PR content including press releases, digital and social media content; ongoing media relations; management of Creative Newsroom (Hilton's mechanism for inserting Hilton and its brands into news stories) in close collaboration with brand and regional communications leads, management of PR agency activity; coordinating cross brands and regions to ensure alignment of messaging and activities.
What will I be doing?
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing proactive and reactive media requests, managing the drafting, refinement and distribution of press releases, develop ongoing relationships with top-tier reporters and outlets, provide direction to third-party agency for pitching efforts and collaborate on monthly coverage and monitoring reports
- Managing communications strategy for consumer-focused storytelling in partnership with Digital and Marketing to ensure owned and earned opportunities across the portfolio of brands
- Managing media projects and prepare and accompany executives for media interviews, conferences, FAM trips, receptions, etc.; develop media briefings (backgrounders, Q&A, etc.) and provide guidance/feedback on opportunities
- Responsible for budget line items for assigned projects and ongoing tracking/reconciliation of line items
- Providing PR guidance and support on cross-portfolio activities (including strategic direction and ongoing content enhancements) for brand and news websites
- Contributing to PR and Marketing annual planning processes for Portfolio
- Collaborating with Brand PR, Marketing and Global Corporate Communications and other departments to provide strategic counsel, ideation for content creation and input for achieving corporate priorities
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: five (5) years of related experience in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism roles
- Minimum Years of Experience: three (3) years of experience in managing agency partners, client partners, internal teams and projects
Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
Up to 30% ability to travel domestically, overnight as needed
- Must have or be able to obtain, all necessary documents to travel internationally as needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: MS/MA Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing fields
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years experience working in the hospitality industry
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years experience working in PR, marketing, advertising agency environments
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Communications and Public Relations
Title: Manager, Brand Communications Portfolio
Requisition ID: COR0109T