Hilton Manager, Government Sales -HWS in McLean, Virginia
***This role is virtual based in the DC Metro Area***
With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level.
What will I be doing?
Hilton is seeking a Sales Manager focused on the Government vertical market to lead Hilton Worldwide Sales accounts. As the Government Sales Manager, you will maximize performance on a set of accounts under your ownership. You will develop market segments, solicit new customer relationships/accounts, and maintain existing relationships with current accounts.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead accounts in the vertical market for group business.
- Maintain account qualification and compliance to account governance protocol.
- Mentor hotel and Hilton Sales team members in their involvement in educational and annual programs through your working knowledge of this segment.
- Develop account planning strategies to facilitate growth.
- Anticipate client needs and develop an approach that is tailored to each client.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure revenue targets are achieved by generating leads and mining opportunities within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue.
- Collaborate with Hilton Direct Partnership Team Members, and International Specialists.
- Support Hilton leadership in providing account-specific coaching to increase sales and effectively use the organization's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program.
- Network with business decision makers and executives to influence positive buying behaviors.
- Understand industry trends that impact customer buying behaviors and offer new ideas with innovative solutions.
- Engage in relevant industry organizations and events.
You can expect to deliver to:
- Clients – you will communicate information that will influence a positive buying decision.
- Owners – you will build significant and individualized partnerships to provide unlimited value.
- Brands – you will craft partnerships using a defined and differentiated sales approach. You will improve and collect up-to-date knowledge of existing hotels and New Development properties. This includes sharing said knowledge with customers to positively influence buying decisions and revenue production.
- Colleagues - you will be dedicated to a ""One-Team"" commercial culture while living the Heart of Hilton.
- Hotels – you will ensure full alignment, shared intelligence and active engagement to achieve goals.
- Sales Support – you will effectively lead non-selling activity in support of driving sales results.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries, who have a real passion for combining business insight with global sales. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Teammate, who works well with others while employing tact with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
- Strong collaborative account development and problem solving skills
- Critical thinking with quantitative and qualitative analytics skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to a problem
- Strong negotiation skills to maximize value for partners
- Organization skills to give superb attention to detail with a self-starter mindset that includes a balance of assertiveness and partnership
- Time management skills that lend to taking ownership of responsibilities, completing projects on time with a high level of positive energy and drive
- Project management skills to lead multiple priorities, work well under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands and prioritize responsibilities
- Autonomous work ethic to work independently with minimal supervision
- Complete discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five to eight (5-8) years of professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of the hospitality sales industry (on property sales)
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Government
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Travel 30% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five (3-5) years of direct sales experience
- Experience using Salesforce
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Manager, Government Sales -HWS
Requisition ID: SAL0132A