Hilton Senior Director, Commercial Director, Hampton in McLean, Virginia
Our Global Revenue Management team is responsible for predicting consumer demand and optimizing hotel inventory and price availability. The ultimate goal of our team is to maximize our company’s revenue growth by selling the right products to the right customer at the right time for the right price.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Director, Commercial Director – Hampton, you will design, develop, and deploy business strategies that are innovative and impactful for the Hampton hotels, as well as lead the Hampton-specific Commercial Focus process. You will oversee the development of a commercial strategy, influencing key cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Revenue, Marketing) to drive the execution of the strategy to achieve commercial performance objectives across all business segments to Hampton-brand hotels. This includes, but is not limited to, using the Hilton Commercial Focus process, the development and communication of company commercial strategies and standards through a structured commercial cadence and analysis of Brand revenue performance against established goals.
You will be responsible for delivering market leading commercial performance across the Hampton Brand. The role is accountable for the development and execution of a commercial strategy and supporting tactics that achieves the revenue and market share targets of the Brand over the short, medium and long term. You will lead and drive a relentless focus on maximizing revenue and market share across the Brand and all segments of business.
More specifically, you will:
- Successfully partner with the Global Head of the Hampton Brand and serve as the commercial leader of their business, as well as facilitate the delivery of the Hampton commercial plan, and integrate the business processes with other Commercial functions including, Hilton Worldwide Sales, Americas Marketing (including Destination Marketing), and Revenue Management.
- Develop and oversee programs aimed at driving Hampton hotels into key commercial platforms, especially RMCC, LMS and ResMax.
- Annually develop the Hampton multi-year performance targets by area, segment, market, and size.
- Design, in partnership with the commercial leadership, the Annual Multi-Year Hampton Strategic Initiatives and Commercial Strategy.
- Create the short, medium and long term Commercial strategy and plan to deliver sustained above market revenue and market share performance across the Brand.
- Actively engage enterprise commercial performance teams to connect the performance needs of the Hampton hotels with the performance drivers within the enterprise commercial teams.
- Advocate Hampton specificity among all Commercial functions.
- Sequentially report out the performance needs and the performance plans. Actively participates in the, Brand Commercial Focus, and other performance meetings.
- Accountable for performance reporting for Hampton brand hotels, i.e. status callouts.
- Accountable for commercial activity reporting for Hampton brand hotels, i.e. response plans.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and competitive threats, actively designs strategies to counter the potential negative impact, develop strategies to benefit from potential positive impacts, and memorializes the results.
- Maintain an up to date view on current affairs in the Focused and select service segment.
- Champion a cross-functional team of commercial leaders to ensure transparency, relevance, and timeliness of articulating commercial performance targets, potential gaps (strengths and weaknesses), and commercial strategy plan progress.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong leadership, communication, and networking skills
- Highly professional presentations and communications (oral and written) skills
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to perform critical analysis
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree or ten (10) years of experience in Revenue Management, Finance or similar business background
- Seven (7) years of experience in Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, or analytical roles
- Five (5) years of cross-functional experience in hotel management, or related industry; Cross brand or product line experience preferred
- Four (4) years of management experience at the Director level
- Ability to travel on short notice and adaptable to schedule changes (potential for significant travel, 50% )
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree
- Ten (10) years of experience in Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, or analytical roles
- Seven (7) years of management experience at the Director level
- Adaptable experience in Sales, Marketing, or Revenue Management
- Adaptable experience with business strategies, business planning, and business plan development
- Strong experience working in large matrix organizations
- Experience working with our Company’s software programs
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Revenue Management
Title: Senior Director, Commercial Director, Hampton
Requisition ID: COR010EE