Hilton Senior Manager, Experience Design Research in McLean, Virginia
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
Hilton’s Experience Design team works to craft an outstanding journey through every part of a guest’s experience — from the time our guests dream of travel, until their stay is complete, and beyond. We believe that design happens in many functions across our organization, and we deliver better experiences to our guests when we’re working together to test and learn, focusing on user outcomes in the digital space.
As the Senior Manager, Research Tools, you will oversee the tools and processes that enable world-class experience design research. You will ensure that Product Families and Channels have the tools and resources necessary to explore, discover, and validate ideas with customers. You will serve as strategist to discover and handle systems and methods with which the Experience Design Research team can gather the information they need.
More specifically, you will:
- Plan, purchase, implement and handle tools and resources to gather customer feedback. These tools might include on-site customer labs, customer panels, eye-tracking software, and usability testing platforms.
- Constantly explore customer feedback methodologies and changes/improvements in the field, and benchmark with other agencies and vendors.
- Maintain positive relationships with other groups across the enterprise that run similar tools, to share ideas and knowledge.
- Lead staff, who execute the day-to-day functions of the systems.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Demonstrable record of successfully discovering, contracting with, standing up and managing successful research vendor relationships
- Experience in research, consumer insights, analysis, or customer feedback listening tools
- Experience designing and executing customer research studies
- Demonstrated success and validated results in adding strategic value for the company/enterprise
- Flexibility while working in a dynamic, ambiguous, newly established environment
- Good communication, presentation, storytelling, social and analytical skills
- Works effectively with or within large, matrixed organizations
- Experience partnering closely with teams in an agile (or similar) environment
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR an Associate’s Degree with six (6) years of Information Technology (IT) or Hospitality related experience OR a High School Diploma with twelve (12) years of IT or related experience
- Ten (10) years of experience working with research systems (vendor management, customer panels, or in a lab setting)
- Two (2) years of Managerial experience
- 10-20% travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree
- Twelve (12) years of experience working with research systems (vendor management, customer panels, or in a lab setting)
- Four (4) years of Managerial experience
- International research experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Senior Manager, Experience Design Research
Requisition ID: INF010AC