Hilton Senior Manager, HR Operations and Projects in McLean, Virginia
As the Senior Manager, Human Resources (HR) Operations and Projects, you will be responsible for project managing key Americas and Global strategic initiatives that we are required to rollout to the Americas hotel properties. In this role, you will be bringing together functional groups that are involved in pragmatic innovation and in developing initiatives that support our on property goals.
As the Senior Manager, HR Operations and Projects, you will be responsible for working closely with the global HR corporate team, the Americas Operations leadership team, as well as the Americas HR Leadership team to create the processes and methodologies needed to communicate and execute key projects. In this role, you will support all brands across all brand categories: Luxury, Full Service, Focused Service and All Suites.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, HR Operations and Projects, you will play an exciting role within our HR organization.
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
Partnering with HR Leadership to set Hilton’s HR strategy –
- The HR Corporate and Operations team is looking at several large efforts to innovate how HR creates a great place to work for our Team Members and drives business performance. Examples include: working on new innovations in Heart of House programing for our hotels, uniform partnerships, new communication channels, developing the best leaders and building pride.
Planning and tracking –
- Playing a key role in helping to define the initiatives that come out of our HR strategy and mapping out the best route to implementation in our Americas hotels; on occasion, some of the projects may be global in nature as well as be applicable to our franchise estate
- Developing and conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses (using internal data, external benchmarks and interviews), and using the findings to develop pragmatic, forward-looking recommendations
Driving the execution of efforts –
- Helping to implement the strategies throughout the organization
Supporting ad-hoc efforts, as needed –
- Getting ready for updates and meetings, including leadership meetings and external speaking engagements
- Helping other HR areas, including recognition and benefits, update their approach and communication
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years professional experience
Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
Ability to travel as required (25%)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders
- Proficiency at leading large working groups across a matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify key message points
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: MA/MS Master’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of experience working in brands, strategy, management consulting and/or corporate
- Hotel Operations experience
- Experience conducting SWOT analysis and structure presentations by using the pyramid principle
- Experience developing new strategies, building business cases, gaining internal and external support in a cross-functional environment, and driving implementation, with a track record of solid decision making
- Structured thinking and ability to interpret data, derive conclusions, and form recommendations
- Comfort level shifting between a highly diverse set projects in a high paced environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: Senior Manager, HR Operations and Projects
Requisition ID: COR010AV