Hilton Sr. Manager, Brand Communications, DoubleTree in McLean, Virginia
Our global corporate affairs and communications department is responsible for managing Hilton's corporate reputation, brand communications, and fostering positive relations with federal, state, and local governments, associations and influencers.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Brand Communications - DoubleTree by Hilton (DTbH), you will partner with the Senior Director, Brand Communications, to develop global brand communications and public relations strategies that support and improve the image of the DTbH brand. Your priorities will include the development of consumer-facing campaigns as well as support of development/trade Public Relations (PR) by working closely with corporate affairs, brand marketing, and brand management teams. PR initiatives should drive consumer preference, align brand stories globally, support brand business objectives and reinforce enterprise communications positioning.
Communications Strategy and Project Management –
- You will develop PR and communications strategies around key Brand initiatives, including, but not limited to: DTbH brand campaigns and all news bureau activities, hotel openings, brand-specific programs and activities, and other brand communications projects as assigned.
- You will lead the creation and execution of global Brand PR planning and PR Agency of Record (AOR) activity.
- You will collaborate with regional Brand PR teams to prove that Brand priorities are clearly communicated and that programming and messaging are aligned globally.
- You will serve as the primary liaison/subject matter expert in Brand and/or marketing and communications working groups as well as handle all assignments accordingly.
- You will be responsible for handling budget line items for assigned projects and internal tracking resources.
- You will watch Hilton Online Newsroom content, keeping it current, and will craft brand news stories/content that resonates with key media.
- You will build and deliver PR presentations as needed (General Manager Brand Training, Director of Sales Symposium, etc.)
Media Relations and Communications –
- You will help to brief and accompany executives for media interviews, conferences, Familiarization (FAM) trips, etc.; you will help to develop media briefings and provide guidance, feedback and counsel on opportunities.
- You will respond proactively and reactively to media requests/pitching efforts and lead the media relations work of agency partners.
- You will act as the point of contact for media inquiries/interviews and liaise with brand spokespeople on assigned topics.
- You will draft, refine and distribute press releases/materials and share news internally as appropriate.
- You will review and provide feedback/approval on hotel-level requests, including press materials.
- You will work alongside portfolio communications and corporate affairs to ensure brand stories/messaging is appropriately included in creative newsroom activities, and that brand efforts also support overall Hilton enterprise messaging.
- You will engage with other communications teams to provide mentorship when issues arise that could impact the Brand reputation and work to find creative solutions.
- You will successfully build and foster relationships with premier journalists and media outlets.
- Work to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Three (3) years of project management experience
- Travel 25-30%, as needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
- Nine (9) years of overall work experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Previous experience working in a PR Agency
- Experience in hospitality
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Brand Management
Title: Sr. Manager, Brand Communications, DoubleTree
Requisition ID: COR010CI