Northwell Health Customer Svc Agent - PAS in Melville, New York
Req Number 001ZQF
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
As a Customer Service Representative you will receive calls to the Health System centralized call center and assists individuals requesting information regarding Health System services and programs. Fulfill customer needs, resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assists individuals in making appointments for various clinical services throughout the Health System.
• Identifies specific patient needs to determine appropriate appointment type, location and urgency.
• Obtains necessary demographic and insurance information and enters data into department computer system.
• Verifies insurance coverage and other related data with third party carriers for scheduled appointments/procedures.
• Determines if patient requires language interpretation, wheelchair and/or transportation accommodations and facilitates scheduling of services.
• Communicates clear instructions and education related to scheduled services utilizing appropriate guidelines.
• Facilitates appointment requests received through Health System’s centralized online forum.
• Uses procedures, policy manuals, knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering various general inquiries and issues.
• Triages specific and complex inquiries to appropriate resource (management, clinical call center, billing call center, etc.).
• Documents customer inquiries, issues, transactions and other relevant information into department computer system.
• Identifies unusual events or consistent problem areas and addresses with management. Suggests methods to simplify, enhance or update procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required. College coursework, preferred.
• Prior related customer service experience, preferred.
• Working knowledge of computer applications and data entry skills, required.
• Customer service skills, required. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare providers, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.