Hilton Architectural Project Manager - Architecture, Design and Construction in Memphis, Tennessee
Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting Senior Project Managers, Directors, and Senior Directors with the management of design and construction projects for one or more of the Hilton Focused Service brands. This includes your assistance with new development and ground up projects, adaptive reuse projects, conversions, room additions, brand change projects, and renovation projects. You will provide technical assistance and support services to various regional partners in an effort to streamline management of the construction and design pipeline.
More specifically, you will:
- Review hotel site plans as part of the franchise approval process for new hotels to ensure that the proposed site will support the proposed hotel in compliance with Hilton prototype drawings and standards. You will review comments with leadership prior to final approval.
- Pre-review schematic plans (25%), design development (50%), final documents (100%) and specifications in detail to meet compliance. Should items be con-compliant, you will craft an edited submittal explaining the non-complying issues and present creative solutions.
- Gather and compile final response documents to be shared with the Project Lead, Franchisee, Architect, and Contractor
- Pre-review construction submittals and shop drawings for hotel projects to ensure compliance with prototype and brand standards documents and the approved plans submitted to Hilton
- Assist in obtaining updates on a monthly basis for each hotel project and dedicatedly share information to all partners
- Use corporate tracking system (O2O) to input project data
- Monitor the corporate project site (Project Hub) daily for regionally assigned projects and prioritize, review and response to all documents submitted for Hilton review
- Synchronize standards, prototype, and pre-opening checklists and will coordinate with all internal partners to implement changes
- Take lead of continually updating pre-opening checklists (I Auditor) for each of the brands based on internal feedback and changes to standards and prototype drawings
- Participate in the yearly updating of all construction cost information and help with building development and ongoing maintenance of project management tools, documents, etc.
- Partner with Global Shared Technical Services to review vendor qualifications, products, etc., for approval on Suppliers Connection upon request
- Solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Successful ability to negotiate while maintaining professional integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma/Cepeg
- Three (3) years in architecture, design, construction, and related disciplines including the reading and interpretation of construction documents and plans and experience producing conceptual design drawings and plans
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction, Design or Engineering related field
- Experience in the design and/or construction of Hospitality (hotels) projects
- Experience with Blue Beam
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Architecture, Design and Construction
Title: Architectural Project Manager - Architecture, Design and Construction
Requisition ID: ARC0101T