Hilton Director, Revenue Generation Optimization - Category Lead in Memphis, Tennessee
***This role is in Memphis, TN with opportunity for a remote team member to be appointed with a mutually agreed upon travel schedule to be in Memphis at least one week every month.***
The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 14 industry leading and world-class brands. A dedicated team of industry experts in the domains of hospitality, brand management, innovation, food and beverage, wellness, owner relations, and more, lead our Brands organization with the steadfast goal of strengthening and growing the Hilton portfolio. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Canopy, DoubleTree, Curio Collection, Tapestry Collection, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic above property sales initiatives, at a brand level, that improves incremental revenue generating opportunities for the All-Suites & Focused Service Brands. You will provide strategic direction on engagement with Hilton Worldwide Sales (HWS) to develop and collaborate on revenue generating opportunities with target accounts, handling the management and growth of extended stay centric customer partnerships and the promotion of the brands to the HWS customer base. Crafting and delivering live virtual webcasts focused on hotel-level sales activation to improve and use opportunities via HWS are also a key component of the team lead by you.
In partnership with five direct reports, you will be responsible for setting the commercially driven mid to long-term strategies and initiatives for the brand category. Analysis of opportunities in support of commercial trends, in particular with extended stay opportunities, and the development of a commercial plan focused on Sales activation, that includes how these strategies can be implemented to affect all constituencies.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and execute a strategic Commercial Plan, aligned with category and individual Brand visions/goals, to maximize brand revenue growth through HWS engagement and direct customer interactions and partnerships.
- Guide, coach and lead the team to achieve set goals and execute initiatives as set out in the Commercial Plan by business segmentation (Group, Corporate Transient-CNR, Leisure/FIT, Government, Travel Management Companies/Consortium, Extended Stay and Brand Preferred Account program).
- Act as a cross-functional liaison for our Global Brand Heads, Brand Management Support, and our Commercial Performance teams on commercial activities and revenue generating opportunities activated for the Suites and Focused Brand and hotels.
- Collaborate with our Brand Analytics, Commercial Performance, and Brand Management Support teams to identify risk markets and management company portfolios and offer prescriptive HWS activation recommendations by business segment to positively impact performance.
- Craft hotel facing sales oriented webcast series to deliver targeted business segment content for both property direct and above property to use and activate revenue generating opportunities available via Hilton Worldwide Sales.
- Identify, develop and lead “sales innovations"" projects (e.g. Very Important Person Housing Desk, Focused Service extended stay pricing model) to solve for performance gaps identified though Hilton Worldwide Sales, direct customer engagement and via our Commercial Performance and Revenue Management teams.
- Develop calendar of events and tradeshows, with input from 5 direct reports, for the Revenue Generation Optimization team to engage with internal/external customers attend and promote the category brand.
- Attend commercial performance reviews (virtually when possible); provide brand leaders and commercial performance team with top-line performance opportunities and strategic sales initiatives for revenue generation/optimization based on commercial trends.
- Collaborate with marketing and core services to develop collateral and brand level marketing material for Hilton Worldwide Sales and Brand Preferred Account customer engagement opportunities.
- Evaluate fiscal needs and handle annual budget for the team.
- Develop team goals and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly reports outs on both activities and measurable performance.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love the chance to create revenue generation topics. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Project management - deep understanding of process know-how
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Tableau, Quickbase and Microsoft Office capabilities.
- Knowledge of Hilton revenue generating systems and programs including OnQ Solicitation Management, MeetingBroker, LMS, etc.
- Strong understanding of key hospitality industry performance measures, and ability to analyze, identify performance trends, and develop significant insights.
- Strong content knowledge across commercial topics.
- Strong training development, facilitation, and consultative skills to influence behavior change.
- Ability to develop presentations with targeted audiences; comfortable in delivering presentations to small and large groups.
- Strong communication skills, including finding opportunities for improvement, and comfortable sharing those messages with all applicable constituent groups.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ten (10) years of Hospitality experience
- Five (5) years of Sales/Commercial experience
- Three (3) years of Branded Hotel experience
- Three (3) years of experience crafting customer facing resources (job aids, implementation guides, checklists, videos)
- Two (2) years in Performance Consulting
- Experience in Training/Presentation (in person and virtual)
- Hotel Sales or Revenue Management experience
- Travel up to 30%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Brand Management
Title: Director, Revenue Generation Optimization - Category Lead
Requisition ID: BRA0103W