Hilton Manager, API Adoption in Memphis, Tennessee
***This position will be Remote based in FL***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager of API Adoption, you will be responsible for the end to end process for API adoption and consumption. You will provide oversight of the API web portal and store. You will support customers in use of the process, portal & store, and working with partners in related areas. API adoption is part of the Build Renovation team, which is crafting, building and implementing web services to modernize our existing IT systems. You will work with the Director of Technology Planning-Revenue Management, CRM & Pricing, and the Director, API Adoption.
More specifically, you will:
- Own and handle the API Portal and keeping track of API store capabilities, status and updates
- Educate business and project owners on Hilton Core APIs and API Products
- Collaborate with Product owners to define new API/Service requirements
- Maintain the relationship and flow of information to and from Consumers with regard to API delivery
- Communicate Renovation team delivery plans and detailed updates regarding scope, requirements, schedule, QA plans, etc. to Consumers
- Facilitate Consumer communication and engagement during release cycles
- Manage API Intake and CMDB toolsets within ServiceNow which includes handling implementation of improvements
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong business domain knowledge and API store expertise
- Understanding the API Framework library
- API Gateway knowledge
- Expertise in building and maintaining applications
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Project and Visio)
- Teammates who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Problem solvers who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Accountable individuals who effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR an Associate’s Degree with eight (8) years of Information Technology (IT) related experience OR a High School Diploma/GED with ten (10) years of IT related experience
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of overall IT professional experience
- Three (3) years working in Project Management, Business Analysis or comparable role
- One (1) year of supervisory, managerial and/or Business Process Analysis experience
- Travel 5-10%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree
- Five (5) years of managerial, supervisory, or vendor management experience
- Scrum Master, Project Management or Business Analysis certificates
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Manager, API Adoption
Requisition ID: INF010B0