Hilton Meet with Purpose Intern - Memphis, TN - Undergraduate in Memphis, Tennessee
The Hilton corporate summer internship program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain real world experience at one of our key corporate locations. The program is intended to develop business leaders of tomorrow. Interns will also gain exposure to senior leaders and participate in learning and development opportunities. Sample intern teams from the past include Brand Management, Corporate Strategy, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Analytics, eCommerce and Revenue Management.
Meet with Purpose is Hilton's wellness and sustainability platform in the Meetings and Event space targeting B2B customers. The intern will support the team with the academic approach needed for case study development. They will lend their millennial perspective to build a social media engagement plan and to assist with other marketing duties as assigned.
What will I be doing?
As an Intern, you would be responsible for:
- Build a Case Study on how we could eliminate plastic water bottles in the Americas in the Meeting and Events space (or drinking straws/stirrers if we need to crawl, walk, run.)
- Activate on a case study previously developed on how food donation is not as hard as hotels think.
- Assist with project management on how we might standardize and roll this model out.
- Support the project with collateral development for this cause for both customers and back of house.
- Develop a social media engagement plan for Meet with Purpose - this could include video coordination/production, photo shoot, etc.
- Aggregate news content for the Mindful Minute based on food trends as they are happening.
- Support the team with a hotel-level story telling menu project.
- Support me in focus service MWP activation.
What are we looking for?
We look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a full-time college student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business, or related degree. Individuals can be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Applicants must possess a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Ability to be on-site and work at assigned location.
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Applicant needs to be social media savvy and resourceful with knowledge of iPhone video and photo tools.
- Applicant must be highly experienced in PowerPoint.
- Applicants must have the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English.
- Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without employment sponsorship.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Meet with Purpose Intern - Memphis, TN - Undergraduate
Requisition ID: MAR01018