Hilton Principal DevOps Architect in Memphis, Tennessee
The Principal DevOps Architect will be responsible for enabling the development and deployment of different services and applications, working to operationalize new applications and supporting agile teams by enabling Continuous Delivery (CD) and Continuous Integration best practices (CI). This will include building out tools and automation features to help keep our core platform and applications running and available. Additional responsibilities consist of keeping our platforms up, actively monitoring the stacks, ensuring automated builds and deployments are functioning successfully and working with Quality and Security teams to enable automated QA and Security testing capabilities.
What will I be doing?
The Principal DevOps Architect role will require that you work like a Swiss-army knife with multiple skills and jobs at the same time to help script out solutions, build long-term solutions, and help keep production, staging and development environments as pristine and up as possible. There will be no job too small, and no job too large - automation will need to be the name of the game. Jobs involving keeping systems scaling and maintained will be a primary focus and experience with infrastructure security will be key in order to keep our data secure and protected.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, architect, and implement next generation Cloud architecture and automation solutions
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions, which include reference architectures, estimates, and costing
- Provide technical leadership, project guidance, and technology implementation in various areas such as UI, COTS applications, SaaS applications, APIs, Micro-services etc.
- Advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate the client’s infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions
- Act as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams and support
- Be an enabler for a successful and smooth transition from the development to the delivery of technology applications
- Perform profiling and troubleshooting of existing solutions
- Create technical documentation
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a DevOps or SRE Engineer
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as, Bamboo (preferred) or Jenkins
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working to architect, design, and develop automation solutions that help reduce delivery cycle time and support Continuous Delivery (CD)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Cloud platforms (AWS preferred, Google Cloud and Azure experience also a plus)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments
- Proficient in a development or scripting language such as Python or Bash
- Experience working with containerized applications and deployment using Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience driving automation processes, build tools, and maintaining the uptime and availability of large deployments
- Will require off-hours and on-call work
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience working with relational and non-SQL databases
- Experience working with APIs and API management products
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Principal DevOps Architect
Requisition ID: INF0103Y