Hilton Senior Lead, Security Support Engineer in Memphis, Tennessee
***This role can be based in our corporate offices in Memphis, TN, Dallas, TX or McLean, VA***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Lead, Security Support Engineer you will be part of the Endpoint Protection team, providing for ongoing security process and control efficacy of solutions protecting endpoints such as servers and workstations. You will maintain estate-wide advanced threat protection solution, and identify/ facilitate remediation of security and standards compliance deviations.
More specifically, you will:
- Configure threat protection tools, including management, currency, agent deployment, new feature evaluation, and issue resolution.
- Respond to endpoint toolset inquiries, requests, and Tier 1 problem resolution.
- Monitor security standards conformance for higher-risk assets.
- Identify removal and remediation of unauthorized devices connected to Hilton networks.
- Define, measure, and report endpoint security metrics.
- Identify and facilitate implementation of metrics automation.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Using your technical knowledge and understanding of endpoint protection tools and techniques, you will support enterprise governance and control standard methodologies for solutions with >100K deployed agents.
- You will have attention to detail and aptitude for understanding how overall technology environment, how security tools provide for defense in-depth, and the technical implementation details required to support and manage the security tools.
- You are able to manage vendor relationships, including vendor Technical Account Managers; drive vendors to address Hilton needs and resolve support issues.
- Collaborative and organized teammates who build positive relationships and trust.
- Accountable individuals who make phenomenal use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements.
- You will demonstrate effective teamwork across technology engineering teams, including communication of requirements, quality assurance / risk management practices, and deployment validation.
- You should be a persuasive communicator who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels.
- You will use data analysis tools such as Excel and Splunk to identify problem conditions, drive remediation, and report metrics. Tracks trends to identify where corrective actions are required and / or to anticipate and prevent issues.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Eight (8) years of Security Engineering experience +<30% travel is required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in a technical and/or engineering field
- Twelve (12) years of experience in Security Engineering
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Security and Compliance
Title: Senior Lead, Security Support Engineer
Requisition ID: INF010AO