Hilton Senior Software Development Engineer Tester (SDET) in Memphis, Tennessee
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer Tester (SDET), you will be pivotal player on our Agile team and will work closely with Product Owners, Front-end Developers, and Backend Developers to drive a successful testing strategy. You will also be responsible for delivering quality software via test automation.
More specifically, you will:
- Own and support testing as a member of our Agile Software Development team
- Review and interpret story requirements to develop comprehensive testing strategies
- Think analytically to translate complex application flows to test cases
- Design, develop and execute automated web services testing using Groovy scripting with JMeter, SoapUI, API
- Contribute to Enterprise Test Automation Frameworks when needed
- Share in the ownership of consistency delivering highly functional and stable code
- Deliver accurate estimates for test strategy, design and execution work
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering field
- Five (5) years of Development experience using J2EE/Groovy Shell and DB SQL in Linux and Windows platforms
- Two to Five (2-5) years of experience in Micro services; Web Services testing using SOAP and REST based service and XML, JSON; and experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and GIT and other relevant tools
- Two to Five (2-5) years of experience with script and non-script based functional tools (Eclipse/IDE, Extent Reports, Test NG, Selenium, Test Complete, and QTP)
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience building frameworks that utilize and are compatible with DevOps tools such as Couchbase, JIRA, Stash, Bamboo, Confluence, Ready API – Soap UI Pro, Ready API – ServiceV, Git, Jenkins
- Experience with BDD/TDD, agile/scrum and DevOps teams, including developing and maintaining test sets
- Experience with automation frameworks and automating test cases using commercial and open source tools
- Flexible to travel, as needed (less than 10%)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Senior Software Development Engineer Tester (SDET)
Requisition ID: INF010A0