Eaton Corporation Senior Technologist-PCB in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is hiring a Senior Technologist-PCB. The Senior Technologist-PCB will be based from our Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division, headquartered just 14 miles from downtown Milwaukee, WI, has a great opportunity for an individual looking to join a fast paced new product development team. The candidate will have the opportunity to originate, develop, and check complex electrical schematics & printed circuit board layouts and associated details, assemblies, and bills-of-material as assigned by the engineering services manager. Candidate will also coordinate a global team of PCB designers to deliver necessary design packages as well as align and standardize on toolsets and processes across the organization. Product development is aligned to the efficient and safe control of industrial motors and their associated driven loads in varied applications and environments. Systems include environmentally rated assemblies with a wide range of industrial products including variable frequency drives, reduced voltage soft starters, NEMA & IEC starters, branch protection schemes, and intelligent monitoring solutions enabling local and IoT based decisions. The candidate will work on different types of products as mentioned above, as well as collaborate with multiple co-located cross-functional teams and remote design centers located throughout the world.
This position will reside in an Eaton divisional headquarters building, which houses engineering for multiple product lines, as well as marketing, sales, finance, and R&D. The facility was built in 2012 and boasts an open office layout surrounded by large windows, as well as 50,000+ square feet of onsite state-of-the-art laboratory space. The division actively sponsors wellness and community involvement committees which organize team sports, company outings, and volunteer events throughout the Milwaukee area. Additionally, Eaton provides a generous education reimbursement program. Milwaukee is home to Marquette University, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, and MSOE. Madison and Chicago are located 80 and 90 miles from Milwaukee, respectively.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will originate and develop creative conceptual electrical design layouts, details, assemblies in a complete and accurate manner.
· You will coordinate global PCB design resources to deliver on necessary design packages as well as align and standardize on toolsets and processes across the organization.
· You will create and maintain component parts databases, using pertinent database systems.
· You will demonstrate ability to develop high quality, economical designs as demonstrated through achieving performance goals while meeting the size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability, and cost goals.
· You will establish designs for major products requiring comprehensive knowledge of industrial practices and engineering principles, and understands the software-based nature of major product lines.
· You will coordinate mechanical packaging of PCBs with appropriate mechanical packaging group.
· You will consult with manufacturing engineers, tool designers, label vendors, and others on matters involving the design and manufacture of assigned products.
· You will investigate all sources of information (marketing, standards, manufacturing, and engineering) that will aid in developing products that meet the needs of our customers.
· You will prepare drawing / specification releases for all new and revised drawings / specifications.
· You will be responsible for and produces technically and procedurally neat and accurate documentation and checks work of team members as assigned.
· You will poactively seek efficiency related to design techniques, documentation, and process enhancements, including PDM systems.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Minimum of an Associate Degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of Five years or more experience in engineered drafting work involving electrical design CAD tools.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
· No relocation. Candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
Position Success Criteria:
· Ability to Travel up to 10%
· Experience in New Product Development and/or Product line Support.
· 10,000 hours in Mentor Graphics suite (DX Designer / PADS), Cadence Allegro, Altium, or equivalent PCB Schematic / Layout toolset.
· Proven ability to coordinate global designers to deliver on complex design requirements.
· 3D CAD package familiarity (PTC Creo, Autodesk Inventor, or equivalent parametric tool)
· Experience in the following additional tools: AutoCAD, MS Office Applications, EasyLabel Software, Enovia, Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe products.
· Excellent knowledge of and ability to apply corporate standards related to electrical drafting.
· Good knowledge of Eaton Electrical products or similar industrial control products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, IEC, CE, etc.
· Comfort with organizing large amounts of metadata.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.