Occidental Petroleum 7/7 Plant Operator- Mentone Gas Plant in Mentone, Texas
Title: 7/7 Plant Operator- Mentone Gas Plant Location: United States-Texas-Mentone Other Locations:
This position is for a Gas Plant Operator located in the Southern Region at the Mentone Gas Plant located in Mentone, Texas working for the Midstream Operation.
Keep the facility operating in a safe and reliable manner, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Execute startup, shutdown and operation of the gas plant that includes cryogenic gas processing units, amine units and stabilization units, which includes compression, heaters, coolers, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves, alarms, turbo expanders and other equipment / controls.
• Operate the facility using a Delta V DCS system.
• Coordinate and oversee the transfer of liquid and gas products.
• Using analytical equipment available and making necessary process adjustments to ensure that the oil, NGL and gas leaving the facility meet product specifications.
• Perform minor maintenance of equipment included in the gas processing plant.
• Communicate needs to support staff for maintenance and repair when necessary.
• Communicate with Operation Control Centers to ensure smooth, reliable operation of the gas processing plant as part of the complete system of facilities within the Delaware Basin.
• Generate daily operation reports including product processed and shipped, NGL and gas volumes generated and shipped and any downtime and/or curtailments within the reporting period.
• Maintain a supply of consumables and spare parts and equipment necessary to prevent downtime and/or curtailments due to shortage of the supplies listed.
• Adhering to and enforcing all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in oil and gas production operations preferred.
• Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry
• Ability to work outside in variable environmental conditions around heavy equipment
• Ability to work effectively in a team-focused environment and within Anadarko’s Core Values
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Basic computer skills required
High school diploma or equivalent minimum required.
College or trade school degree (BS or AS) may be considered as meeting minimum experience requirement.
Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 5%.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status