Farmers Insurance Advertising Compliance Analyst - Mercer Island, WA in Mercer Island, Washington
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides technical and administrative expertise in the areas of research and analysis of business practices and compliance issues. Participates in product development and new business process implementations. Initiates and carries out independent research projects. Reviews legislation and regulatory rulings and pursues changes necessary to meet requirements. Provides research and administrative support to compliance program. Coordinates responses to inquiries from insurance departments and provides assistance to other functions concerning compliance issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides technical and professional expertise in the analysis and solution of business problems.
- Represents the compliance function in product development and new business process implementations.
- Coordinates research and tasks to support and address compliance r equirements and issues.
- Reviews, evaluates and coordinates input on implementation team specifications, policy contracts and other forms/documentation.
- Initiates and carries out independent research projects.
- Reviews and evaluates proposed and enacted legislation and regulatory rulings. Researches and assesses potential impact on current forms and business practices.
- Recommends, directs and facilitates changes in forms or business practices as appropriate or directed by management.
- Gathers company input concerning the impact of legislation.
- Completes position papers and assists with proactive legislation efforts in conjunction with LAHO Legislative and Regulatory Affairs.
- Researches, analyzes and documents state/federal regulations.
- Reviews Life advertising, agent training materials, and advertising submitted by agents for compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and coordinates with Life and LAHO Legal and Distribution.
- Provides research and administrative assistance for ongoing compliance reviews for life company functions. Consults with Company’s Legal Department in the development of company practices, procedures and forms.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Assists Client Operations departments and provides guidance in responding to corres pondence or inquiries involving review of legal documents or compliance issues.
- Provides training to Compliance Analysts and acts as a source of information on research, regulatory issues and compliance concepts.
- Coordinates responses to inquiries from state insurance departments and other regulatory authorities.
- Coordinates Market Conduct Examinations and prepares responses to inquiries and criticisms, in cooperation with Company’s Legal Department.
- Compiles and analyzes business data.
- Creates and prepares periodic reports for use by company management and regulatory authorities.
- Attends industry meetings and corresponds with other companies and insurance associations to keep informed of current industry business practices and compliance issues.
- P articipates in or chairs various business committee or task force assignments.
Performs other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum, hearing, seeing and speaking.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Four-year college degree or two years of college and three years with Farmers, or six years with Farmers in addition to experience required below. Attainment of or actively pursuing FLMI or CLU designation.
Five years Life Company experience in SG30 or above. Two years of experience as a Compliance Analyst.
Special Skill Requirement
Verbal and written communication skills Analysis and research skills PC skills including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database software. Proficient in Internet use.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Legal & Compliance
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Advertising Compliance Analyst - Mercer Island, WA
Location: Washington-Mercer Island
Requisition ID: 1800052T