HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Billing Specialist in Miami, Florida
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country. __
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Entry Level Billing. Processes daily close activities for assigned group of practices; ensures that statements are sent out according to departmental schedule. Responsible for processing paper claims to primary insurance and coordinating with clerical support the preparation of secondary claims.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works all identified insurance requirement edits through the electronic billing system.
- Communicates issues with department manager.
- Researches required information and maintains pending follow up on a daily/weekly basis.
- This applies to all non-transmitted pending claims.
- Communicates daily information needed for billing to the Billing/Practice Manager via action notes and e-mail.
- Daily transmits all electronic claims to the billing vendor to be sent directly to the insurance carriers.
- Daily works electronic insurance rejects in order to retransmit with corrected insurance information.
- Daily works re-bills submitted to the billing department through the electronic billing system.
- Daily/weekly verifies that all electronic acknowledgements were received by the insurance carriers.
- Daily submits required paper billing to insurance carriers.
- Attach I-bills, implant invoices to paper billing when required.
- Maintain daily follow up with the facility late charge reports.
- Late charges to be reviewed based on specific insurance payor requirements.
- Submit adjustment requests to Medicaid through online automated system.
- Work the unbilled alert and comp census reports daily.
- Work the Medicare 72 hour and Medicaid 24 hour reports to identify Compliance overlapping accounts.
- Transfer charges when appropriate.
- Work all related Medicare APC edits that appear on the bill alert reports and communicate with facility departments in order to resolve.
- Work the lab compliance related edits and communicates issues with facility lab directors.
- Enter notes in the collection system of action taken.
- Record daily productivity on excel spreadsheet.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy.
- Attend all required billing education classes.
Knowledge * * Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations. * Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. * Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties. * PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required. * Policies and Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems. * Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Qualifications * Must demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skill with co-workers, physicians and patients * Familiar with third party billing requirements and payment policies. * One to two years billing in the health care field is required.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Billing Specialist
Location: Florida-Miami-Miami-Dade Cardiology Consultants
Requisition ID: 24220-66556