HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Services Paramedic, Emergency Room, PRN in Miami, Florida
Emergency Services Paramedic, PRN(FTE .01) Emergency Room Mercy Hospital Miami, FL
_Facility Description:_ Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade County’s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God’s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves. / / /Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
/Benefits:/ /We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./ // _Job Description:_
The Paramedic under the direction of the Medical Director of the Emergency Department andNursing Director of Emergency Services is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care on Emergency Department patients safely and effectively. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital in order to meet the health care needs of patients, and their families. The Paramedic will collect and convey information to both their team members and the attending Physician regarding the health status of patients. The ED Paramedic will perform all duties identified in their job description and validated by competency assessment under the License of the ED Medical Director. They will serve as a member of the Healthcare team through active communication; documentation; feedback and assistance as needed or requested. The ED Paramedic will provide for patient safety, maintain good working relationship with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, and other hospital staff. The Paramedic works responsibly as a medical assistant under the direct supervision and responsibility of the Emergency Department (ED) physicians performing care for patient(s) in accordance with physician’s orders, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
_Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:_
- Obtains accurate vital signs as ordered, communicates results to RN and/or documents on medical record.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and document appropriately pertinent patient observations and interventions.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to recognize normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms and takes appropriate action immediately.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform broncho-tracheal suctioning using aseptic technique.
- Demonstrates the ability to administer oxygen therapy per physician orders.
- Demonstrates proper technique in performing dressing changes using aseptic technique.
- Demonstrates competent defibrillation techniques and ability to perform chest tube set-up
- Prepares patients for transport to diagnostic test or room assignments (Cardiac Monitor, IV poles, Oxygen). Transports patients to floors in a timely manner and with the appropriate monitoring equipment.
- Prepares rooms between patients assuring that they are restocked, cleaned, and equipped.
*Required Job Qualifications Include:* * High School Diploma or equivalent * Associates /Technical degree preferred * Paramedic License Required * 0-2 years experience in aparamedic or hospital based clinical experience * Basic arrhythmia * Proper handling and labeling of specimens * Basic computer, mathematical, and analytical skills * Wound Care and splinting * Venipuncture/Specimen collection/phlebotomy * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to follow instructions and communicate observations.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Emergency Services Paramedic, Emergency Room, PRN
Location: Florida-Miami-Mercy Hospital
Requisition ID: 26110-9507