Hilton Manager, Special Events in Miami, Florida
***This position is a Virtual role***
Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
Are you passionate about strategizing and planning event details? As the Special Events Manager, you are responsible for handling events as listed in the Customer Engagement Plan with Hilton. Each event you work on will require extensive preparation from research, design, planning, coordinating and evaluating. In planning for each event, you will work with partners to understand their objectives, messaging, requirements, budget, and suggested dates and timelines in order to plan the scope of the event. You will prepare reports such as event briefs, budgets, critical path, Request For Proposals (RFPs), surveys and debrief documents. We will have you working closely with the Business to Business (B2B) Marketing team to drive messaging and relevant elements of Purpose in each event. The types of events planned include: Conferences, Tradeshows, Customer Advisories, Customer Events, Sales Meeting and Incentive Programs.
More specifically, you will:
- Handle events from conception to planning and execution. This includes participating in the strategic planning process for meetings and events.
- Identify event objectives and construct initial budgets and return on investment measurement. You will handle the selection of vendor sourcing, management and supervision.
- Handle budget, track and report expenditures, and reconcile event billing. This will include monitoring timelines for multiple events, including sponsorship deliverables, payment schedules, and communication deadlines.
- Align with Hilton Travel and Entertainment (T&E) policy (or Strategic Meetings Management Programs - SMMP policy) for event compliance.
- Run tradeshow booth creation and set-ups. This includes constructing event websites and registration sites via Cvent and other vendors.
- Liaise with American Express (Amex) on group event travel. This will include collaborating with Hilton partners on event messaging and promotion as well as working with B2B to execute.
- Review event communication (invitations, emails) for information accuracy and branding/messaging. This includes leading event planning calls throughout the entirety of the event lifecycle.
- Organize, file, copy, box and ship event materials.
- Process expense reports.
- Travel for site selections, pre-planning meetings and to handle the event.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about Hilton special events as well as the ability to lead and execute value strategies and provide recommendations for existing and future events. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Organized and meets deadlines with attention to detail and process as well as possesses strategic-planning skills
- Excellent listening skills both in person and by phone, with high integrity
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to work independently while being able to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Ability to learn online tools such as Survey Monkey and Cvent Registration
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five (5) years professional work experience in special events/marketing
- Five (5) years of experience in meeting planning - handling corporate events/conferences/tradeshows/incentives as a full time position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- 50% travel within the Americas
- Proficiency with lifting and moving heavy boxes during tradeshows and events and standing for long periods of time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Manager, Special Events
Requisition ID: SAL0132D