HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Assistant, Operating Room, Part Time Days in Miami, Florida
OR Assistant, Part Time Days *(FTE .6) *Operating Room Mercy Hospital *Miami, FL *
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 488-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with over 700 physicians representing 27 medical specialties. Its Centers of Excellence include: The CyberKnife® Institute, The Heart Center, the Maternity and Women’s Health Center, the Miami Cancer Center, the Minimally Invasive Institute, the Orthopaedics Institute, and the Surgical Weight Loss Center.
As Miami-Dade County’s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and is affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God’s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves. /Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for six consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/ / / /Benefits:/ /We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./ / / _Job Description:_
- Under the supervision and/or direction of the Registered Nurse and/or Lead Operating Room Assistant, the Operating Room Assistant assists the perioperative care team in many aspects of patient care, including but not limited to, patient care assistance, patient positioning, patient hair clipping,care of environment, transportation of patients, supplies/ equipment, specimens and blood products to, from, and within the surgical unit. The Operating Room Assistant may be assigned other functions in accordance with hospital/department policies procedures and protocols.
_ _ _Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:_
- Ensures that all furniture, surgical lights and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and dust free; routinely checks surgical lights, OR table, suctioning machines are properly functioning.
- Routinely rounds assigned rooms and identifies any needs from the surgical team
- Consistently cleans all areas in surgical practice setting in compliance with hospital infection control standards, policies and procedures.
- Routinely "logs in" specimens and delivers specimens to correct locations.
- Consistently transports and transfers patient in a correct and safe manner using proper "body mechanics".
- Promotes and expedites OR suite turnovers, to meet turnaround metrics
*Required Job Qualifications Include: * * High School Diploma or the equivalent. * Hospital experience, preferably in the O.R.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: OR Assistant, Operating Room, Part Time Days
Location: Florida-Miami-Mercy Hospital
Requisition ID: 26110-10051