Occidental Petroleum Automation Integrated Systems Developer in Midland, Texas
Title: Automation Integrated Systems Developer Location: United States-Texas-Midland Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Integrated System Developer within our Permian EOR Automation group based in Denver City, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
• Responsible for managing ICONICS 32/64 screens and alarms used to visualize, historize, monitor and control Oil & Gas processing facilities.
• Responsible for managing OSIsoft screens and tags used to visualize, historize and analyze Oil & Gas processing information.
• Responsible for ensuring HMI/SCADA visualizations & alarms are within the guidelines of Oxy standards, accurately represent the process, function as intended and follow appropriate change control protocols.
• Provide daily support to Operations and any other team that may require HMI/SCADA assistance.
• Maintain project schedule and meet deadlines.
• Maintain daily maintenance schedule and communicate completed tasks.
• Participate in a callout rotation, responding to callouts as required.
• Participate in strategic discussions geared towards the betterment of the team, services provided, and company.
• Represent EOR Automation as Subject Matter Experts (SME) for internal and external correspondences as related to ICONICS and OSIsoft.
• Assist in evaluation of new technologies.
• Provide training and foster a culture of knowledge sharing.
• 4-year technical degree or equivalent working experience.
• 2 years of SCADA/HMI experience, ICONICS and OSIsoft preferred.
• 2 years of Oil and Gas experience.
• Expert knowledge of oil and gas systems.
• Expert level of understand in Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on Excel and VBA.
• Knowledgeable understanding of C , C# and Java
• Knowledgeable about ISA 5.1 tag naming conventions.
• Knowledgeable of OPC DA and OPC UA.
• Knowledgeable about facility technical information such as P&IDs, PFDs, Instrument Indexes, Cause and Effects.
• Knowledgeable of Relational Database Systems. Understands DDL, DCL and DML.
• Knowledge of PLCs, RTUs & EFMs.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Strong written, oral and project management skills.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Understanding of Windows Server platforms and how to work within the system.
• Understanding of batch files.
• Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
• Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to perform under pressure.
• Ability to interact with customers and team members in a positive, professional and constructive manner.
• Valid driver License.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status