Occidental Petroleum Leader Electrical in Midland, Texas
Title: Leader Electrical Location: United States-Texas-Midland Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical Team Leader within our Permian EOR group based in West Texas.
Is responsible for Permian EOR’s electrical systems; including the management of engineering and design, maintenance and repair, and daily operations from purchase power locations through end use points. Also provides new electrical technology solutions that encompass the entire Oxy organization to help make the electrical teams more effective and efficient while also providing benefits to other teams within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Sets direction and strategy to meet targets
• Facilitate alignment and allocation of resources
• Global perspective to tie Electrical team to Business Unit
• Creates an environment where members of the team make the day-to-day decisions while providing the tools, training, and support needed to make those decisions.
• Ensure working environment is conducive to productivity to meet BU targets
• Remove roadblocks and impediments, manages conflict (internal and external)
• Manage, communicate and ensure compliance with Oxy Electrical standards and best practices
• Design and implement staff development programs
• Present recommendations and approval request to senior management
• Identify and enhance inefficiencies of processes and control equipment
• Encourage continuous improvement teams
• Participate in QAQC audit processes
• Effectively utilize resources internal and external of business unit
• Participate in multi discipline technical reviews of major assets and/or new business ventures
• Participate in annual and long term business planning
• Supervise staff of various levels and disciplines
• Complete staffing plans / forecast to insure adequate staffing level to support business plan
• Successfully recruit, hire, and onboard employees that are a good fit for the position & organization
• Develop others’ professional and technical skills through performance management (e.g., goal setting, coaching/feedback, training/development)
• Develop and/or manage programs, systems and practices for maintaining & enhancing a safe, productive, and environmentally sound work environment
• Provide Technical Support and Legal review to other company disciplines as necessary
• BS Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
• Must be knowledgeable of electrical safety requirements as found in publications such as NFPA 70E
• Must have knowledge of Arc Flash Hazards
• Knowledge of power engineering, distribution system design and construction, engineering economics and statistics, feasibility and power factor correction studies, load flow and motor starting studies, system reliability analysis, symmetrical components, voltage regulation, transformer sizing and analysis and over-current coordination principals and sectionalizing devices to include relays, breakers, sectionalizers, reclosers, and fuses, transmission system protection and control, substation design and construction principles
• NEC,NESC and OSHA standards
Professional / Technical Qualifications/Licences/Certifications:
• Professional Engineering Certificate preferred
• Experience in managing both operation and engineering support teams
• Candidates should have minimum of 10 years’ experience electrical systems with 5 years being in a supervisory position
Skills & Competencies:
• Expert level of understanding of electrical and automation design principles.
• Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
• Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
• Extensive expertise of Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
• Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application
• Ability to manage large Budget
• Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent Communication skills
• Knowledge of operations and reservoirs
• Strong understanding of economic and financial analysis
• Conflict management
• Ability to build and manage teams
• Networking ability
• Strong decision making skills
• Drive for results
• Creativity and innovation
• Adapts to change and ambiguity
• Demonstrated success with organizations with multi-discipline staffs
• Understands business process and regulatory requirements
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status