Occidental Petroleum Manager Permian Basin Strategic Affairs in Midland, Texas
Title: Manager Permian Basin Strategic Affairs Location: United States-Texas-Midland Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people.
Provides initial communications support for field operational incidents.
Supports strong relationship with Houston-based Corporate Affairs group. Provides back-up local support as needed and routes public communications materials through the group.
Provides visible presence and promotes Oxy brand at noteworthy local and regional events.
Promotes Oxy-specific stakeholder relationships while pursuing PSP and other regional endeavors.
Supports and coordinates regional events and appearances with Houston and Midland-based Oxy leadership.
Supports competitor intelligence efforts and conveys data to appropriate groups.
Establishes and maintains relationships with local leaders, foundations, and philanthropies who have interests focused in the Permian Basin.
Represents Oxy on locally focused PSP committees.
Manages and explores a variety of relevant project ideas to ensure a steady portfolio of initiatives suitable for PSP investment.
Shares updates and coordinates activities with other PSP committee leads and PSP staff.
Presents PSP related information at conferences, industry and political meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Midland based.
• General understanding of the oil and gas industry.
• 5 or more years of experience in one or more disciplines relevant to this role: communications and public affairs, community affairs, human resources, or government affairs.
• Proven project management skills.
• General understanding of financial principles and project budgeting.
• Ability to work with and influence peer companies and outside agencies.
• Ability to understand industries and disciplines outside of prior core experiences.
• Comfortable reaching out and establishing new relationships.
• Proficient at communicating verbally and in written form in professional and polished manner, suitable for executive level meetings.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status