Thermo Fisher Scientific Electrical Engineer II in Millersburg, Pennsylvania
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
• Design, document and assemble equipment control panels
• Provide hands-on control panel wiring and remote troubleshooting.
• Understand, initialize, design, trouble shoot and repair AC and DC drives and controllers.
• Tune AC and DC motors.
• Understand and be able to program PID control logic.
• PLC programming
• Develop electrical power and control systems that meet EMI and electrical safety compliance requirements and oversee compliance testing. Conduct problem solving when needed to current and new designs to meet compliance standards.
• Supports panel design to meet EMC emission requirements.
• Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex automation systems for OEM manufacturing.
• Work with Mechanical Engineers as needed for mechanical integration of electrical assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
• Document schematics, panel layout drawings, BOMs, ROHS document certification, UL, ETL, CE certificate of compliance and CE technical files.
• Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
• Track personal progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
• Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
• Support design for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
• Able to travel as needed to customer and vendor sites.
• 3 years of product development and commercialization design experience as an electrical engineer
• B.S.E.E. or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings.
• Ability to program HMI and PLC computers.
• Ability to create and modify CAD drawings
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Support the management of BOMs and working within UL, ETL, CE/ROHS/REACH/WEEE standards
• Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70
• Proficient in programming with the following or similar applications:
RSLogix 500 / 5000
This position does not offer relocation benefits
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.