FBI Special Agent Expert Accounting/Finance in Minneapolis, Minnesota
As an FBI Special Agent with accounting/financial expertise, you’ll have a career like no other. You will ensure accountability and trace criminal activity using your problem-solving skills and financial acumen to tackle some of society’s toughest challenges. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
You are driven to follow the money trail and discover hidden assets, connecting the dots to trace transactions back to their source. You will use your accounting and finance background to analyze data, then consult with and educate your team. Your diversified financial skills will easily adapt to all areas of crime solving: from counterintelligence and cybersecurity to organized crime and terrorism. From testifying in court to conducting sensitive financial investigations, you will hone your accounting and financial skills at the highest level.
Whether you are currently working in the public sector, at a large corporation or at a small private company, we need your experience! We’re looking for all disciplines, including corporate, audit, tax, financial and consulting.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• BA/BS degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar analytical discipline).
• Ability to create the financial picture and communicate it internally and externally.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results.
• Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
• Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgements.
• Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
• The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it’s an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a critical mission and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
• Have a Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
• Be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
• Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
• Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
• Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
• Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
• Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
• Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
• Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
The Special Agent Selection System (SASS) is a mentally and physically challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The selection process typically takes one year or more to complete.