BNSF Railcar Repair (Carman) - Minot, ND in Minot, North Dakota
Railcar Repair (Carman) - Minot, ND
Apply now »
Oct 5, 2018
Minot, ND, US, 58701
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Minot
Other Potential Locations: Minot, ND; Williston, ND
Anticipated Start Date: 11/05/2018
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Entry rate of pay is approximately $25.27 - $30.08 (based on experience) per hour.
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Inspect, rebuild and repair freight cars.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to and acting on safety concerns.
INSPECTING: Inspect railcar frames and bodies for holes, cracks, and other defects; safety appliances including hand holds, sill steps, grab iron, brake platforms, running boards; wheels to insure that rim treads, plates, hub axles, and bearings are in good repair.
REBUILDING AND REPAIR: Maintain, replace and repair air brake pipes, valves, gaskets, air hoses and other equipment. Operate electrical and gas welding equipment to join a variety of metals and alloys; operate acetylene torches for cutting and/or shaping metal parts such as aluminum, cast iron, steel, and bronze.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Operate specialized off-highway motor vehicles including forklift trucks, mobile cranes, track mobiles, ship tractors.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
• 18 years of age, or will be by the anticipated start date listed above
• Willing to submit to a background review
• Available to work in geographic area indicated
• Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Work full-time (40 hrs/wk). Shifts governed by union agreement and subject to seniority. Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week with three 8-hour shifts including weekends, holidays, overtime. Available to work any shift required
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs without assistance
• Possess valid driver’s license
• Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
• Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
• Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders and get on/off equipment; work from various heights including making repairs atop railcars
• Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes, work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended time; use hand tools
• Follow safety policies and procedures; wear the required personal protective equipment
Training: Company-paid on-the-job.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Probationary Period: Journeyman = 60 days; Apprentice = 122 days.
Shifts/Hours: Full-time (40 hrs/wk), subject seniority and governed by union agreement, assigned shift may be one of three 8-hour shifts; Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Union: Brotherhood of Railway Carman
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations - Mechanical | Minot, ND | 58701
Zip/Postal Code: [
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Nearest Secondary Market: Minot
Apply now »