BNSF Track Maintenance (Laborer, Truck Driver, Welder) - District 300 (Minot, Williston, Rugby) in Minot, North Dakota
Track Maintenance (Laborer, Truck Driver, Welder) - District 300 (Minot, Williston, Rugby)
Apply now »
Nov 5, 2018
Minot, ND, US, 58703
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Minot
Other Potential Locations: Minot, ND; Rugby, ND; Williston, ND
Anticipated Start Date: 03/04/2019
Number of Positions: 9
Salary Range: Entry rate of pay is approximately $23.08 (laborer), $27.09 (Truck Driver), $28.58 (Welder)per hour,
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) Track maintenance - construct, inspect, repair track, and other railroad property/facilities; 2) Equipment operation and maintenance; 3) Crew and equipment transportation to/from jobsite; 4) Travel/work in assigned geographic area.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures - wear required safety equipment, respond to and act on safety concerns.
TRACK/TRACKBED MAINTENANCE REPAIR AND INSTALLATION: Repair and rebuild track. Use power and non-power tools. Lift/carry track material, cut brush, trees and vegetation, and clear litter and cargo spillage. Pull spikes from ties, drill holes in rail to insert bolts, and fit bolts. Remove/replace ballast. Operate large non-power tools: shovels, picks, axes, cutters, sledgehammers; electric, pneumatic, hydraulic tools: drills, impact wrenches, jacks, power saws, grinders.
OPERATE EQUIPMENT: Cut rail, manually compress ballast, remove/install ties; lift, roll, adjust rails; and lift/carry track material with assistance.
TRUCK DRIVER AND MAINTENANCE: Operate 26K+ lb trucks. Ensure proper truck and equipment maintenance; submit required paperwork for truck repairs or welding equipment.
WELDER: Weld, grind, and cut rail. Operate welding truck safely and efficiently. Order material: welding supplies, grinding stones, reports, safety equipment. Maintain records and time sheets.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
• 18 years of age or older
• HS diploma or GED
• BNSF is a drug-free company; employees are subject to random drug tests
• Willing to submit to a background review
• Available to work in geographic area indicated
• Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Available to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on-call (24/7), alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays
• Available to travel to job sites around the designated seniority region and remain on site for extended periods, sometimes days or weeks at a time
• Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs frequently
• Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
• Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
• Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
• Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb on/off equipment
• Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time; and use hand tools
• Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
Training: Company-paid on-the-job training, including preparation, equipment and expenses to obtain CDL.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Probationary Period: 60 days.
Seniority District Transfers: Per union agreement, seniority-based, Director approval required.
Travel: Frequent, over large geographic region.
Shifts/Hours: Full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to on-call, overtime, alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays.
Union: Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees.
Dues: Per union agreement, membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations - Engineering | Minot, ND | 58703
Zip/Postal Code: [
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Nearest Secondary Market: Minot
Hydraulics, Engineer, Laborer, Labor, Manager, Engineering, Operations, Management
Apply now »