Comcast Manager 1, Planning & Design- Miramar, FL in Miramar, Florida
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the planning and designing of
broadband communication systems. Inspects projects periodically to
ensure adherence to project specifications. Works closely with vendors
and local and state officials to ensure projects are completed without
issue. Meets with project stakeholders to determine availability of
services. Manages team, which may include exempt and non-exempt
employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required.
Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies,
assist in development, and meeting of, departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Oversees the planning and designing of broadband communication
systems, including the construction process. Manages workflow,
production planning and control, and material and labor cost control.
- Monitors all staff and conducts quality control inspections to ensure
adherence to all company specifications and procedures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of all capital projects and
expense proposals. Reviews, tracks, and approves all invoices. Produces
periodic financial statements.
- Provides accurate documentation of all projects. Tracks and generates
reports on project status.
- Collaborates with state and local officials to ensure proper licenses
are obtained and projects meet state and local guidelines/requirements.
Meets with vendors to coordinate project schedules, negotiate terms and
conditions for projects. Develops budget and allocates appropriate funds
for new build, rebuild, upgrade and other construction efforts.
- Establishes and maintains standards and practices. Implements and
coordinates policies and procedures to uphold safety standards and
ensure customer satisfaction.
- Meets with stakeholders, including developers and customers, to
determine infrastructure requirements for services availability.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer