Penske Truck Driver - CDL Class A/Touch Freight - $2,500 Sign on Bonus - Penske Logistics in Montgomery, New York
What’s the Job?
Want to work in a driver centric operation that puts our drivers first? We understand what it means to be a driver. You will work in a team based environment committed to supporting and helping you succeed and grow your career. Penske cares about the wellbeing of their employees, this location has a dedicated wellness coach you can meet with one on one to discuss and optimize your nutrition and wellness. There is even a dedicated wellness coach for this location that you can meet with one on one to ensure your health and well-being!
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Safe, professional, on time delivery of medical supplies to Hospitals and Surgery Centers across parts of NY, NJ, PA, VT, CT, MA, NH, RI. Domiciled in Montgomery, NY. Bump dock using electric pallet jack to deliver freight (some stops require handling of freight up to 30lbs).
• Shift: Early AM & Afternoon/Evening Start Times.
• Equipment: Day cabs. 28', 40', 48', and 53' trailers
• Compensation: Hourly Pay with OT after 40 hours. Earn up to $63,000 a year, plus a $2,500 sign on bonus. Wuarterly safety bonuses.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• At least 22 years of age
• CDL Class A license
• 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
• Reliable and customer oriented
• Safety oriented
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 500 Neelytown Rd Montgomery, NY 12549
Primary Location: United States-New York-Montgomery
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2006587
- Penske Jobs