IBM Associate Partner- Data Platform Services in Montreal, Canada
IBM Global Business Service: Join a leader. Consult with us!
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues.
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will develop broad technical, industry and professional skills, work with a vast network of subject matter experts, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. In this role, the incumbent designs solutions from Maximo applications to automate business processes and meet business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the IBM Data Platforms Service Associate Partner, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of cloud platforms. You are a technical leader who will drive deal solutioning and delivery engagements while also serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
In addition to generating pipeline, selling and delivering engagements, you will lead our expanding practice as a member of the Data Platform Services Senior Leadership team. Practice leadership includes hiring and expanding advisory and delivery team, offering management, and other practice area responsibilities.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Develop Key Relationships:
• Pursue and cultivate strong relationships with client decision makers and influence client buying behaviors based on our extensive AI capabilities, assets and thought leadership
• Illustrate eminence in the technical community (i.e. thought leadership, articles, talks, competitions, certifications)
• Solve business challenges and support business decisions by using advanced analytics techniques and AI algorithms
• Identify opportunities and prepare proposals for clients including defining technical and human resources required to complete the project and associated pricing
Develop our People and our Practice:
• Build a relationship across all levels of the practice
• Take personal responsibility to develop, mentor, and train data scientists
• Establish formal community activities to develop skills and expertise on specific domains of interest
• Differentiate the offering and the people working on it through the depth and breadth of expert skills
• Manage and coordinate teams to deploy data analytics projects using innovative solutions and to provide analytics-driven insights
• Educate and coach both clients and team members on machine learning knowledge, practical mathematical modeling, simulation and optimization in multiple analytics platform
Build Assets and Capabilities:
• Leverage IBM offerings, assets, and capabilities to create and deliver differentiated service offerings to our clients.
• Create new and innovative intellectual property to drive first of kind solutions for client business problems
• Demonstrate expertise in three or more relevant industry domains
• Enterprise Cloud Consultant and Data Architect
• Drive pre-sales activities, assessments and delivery
• General data architecture proposal support, design and delivery
• Provide consulting in customer’s Data Journey to the Cloud and related data migration strategies
• Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development on industry leading data platform offerings
• Oversee the architecture for the data platform & cognitive components including unstructured data technologies, annotation and related data and analytics
• Team leadership in working with multiple functions
• Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship through delivery excellence
• Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both
• Lead delivery as executive oversight for Data engineering project
• Travel expectations are up to 75%.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 4+ years with cloud native platforms – Databricks, Azure, Snowflake, AWS, Google
• 8+ years of experience in Big Data and Advanced Analytics solution
• 8+ years of experience in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and other Enterprise Information Management solution and delivery
• 5+ years in selling and negotiating consulting services
• 5+ years of experience in senior technical leadership roles
• 5+ years of experience in formal project management methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Broad subject matter expertise across cloud computing, infrastructure, IT operations, applications, enterprise architecture, data management, and cloud governance models
• Ability to advise on industry-leading approaches
• Experience working as an architect for an IT professional services firm or in a large enterprise.
• Broad knowledge of major cloud technologies including virtualization, containers, networking etc. on different cloud platforms
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs