IBM Security Technical Solution Manager (STSM) in Montreal, Canada
Security Technical Solution Manager (STSM)
Location: Toronto or Ottawa
The STSM is an integral part of the IBM Security Services team to help build and manage a critical part of client facing security solution. This is a high profile role best suited for the individual passionate about security, knowledgeable about solution design processes and security offering content, ability to participate in a group of similar minded architects and consultants, and willing to support NA team to drive a high standard of quality to enable business success for the practice.
Supports the NA Sales team across complex deals covering the Security Services portfolio; collaborating with Associate Partners and Sellers in the formulation of the solutions to meet client objectives while managing IBM Risk
Orchestrates and provides the thought leadership for the development of custom consulting and complex, multi-year, custom solutions and associated cost cases
Participate on a team of Technical Solution Managers to develop project definitions, use cases, transition strategies, viability assessments, solution mapping, work breakdown structures, requirements matrices, statements of work, cost schedules, technical and price assumptions, role qualifications and responsibilities, project plans, response to RFPs/RFIs and client presentations throughout lengthy sales cycles ranging from understanding requirements to assembling contracts packages and using a combination of both IBM and non-IBM offerings and services, labor, and software to meet client business requirements that are in line with industry best practices and current technology
STSM’s are expected to spend 20-30% of their time in face-to-face discussions with IBM clients to understand the security requirements and designing and presenting the appropriate solutions design approaches and proposal
Ensure successful hand-off of the solution to the delivery team
Assist IMT’s with local solution design needs as appropriate
• Understand and adhere to GTS/GBS Services Integration Hub (SIH) processes
• Successfully manage deals requisite process while providing leadership, direction, and education to sellers regarding both technical and business aspects including the use of various systems, policies, and procedures
• Provide input to the global and local teams for improving offerings, delivery or overall business performance
• Present to senior IBM executives on key deals, solution management metrics
• Create new intellectual capital (ICAP) and knowledge assets such as proposal templates and FAQs and regularly refine them for each subsequent opportunity in an effort to continuously improve the substance and overall quality of deliverables from SDCoE to the sales teams
• Collaborate with top sellers/TSM’s across GTS, GBS, SWG, and IS for end-to-end solution design, requirements definition, product and service positioning, proposal strategy and development, competitive differentiation, cost case development, and client meetings
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business Management
At least 3 years experience in delivering and developing security solutions
At least 5 years experience in working with consulting and systems integration methods
At least 5 years experience in a perform role as security consultant or architect
At least 8 years experience in delivering and developing security solutions; working with consulting and systems integration methods; and security consultancy.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
8+ years experience in; delivering & developing security solutions across MSSP, Identity & Access Management, DLP & End point security, security strategy & assessments etc. (Technologies: IBM Security, Oracle, CA etc.); working with consulting & systems integration methods and; in a perform role as security consultant or architect
Business/Management or Engineering Masters Degree
Certified IBM – Architect or Consultant
Professional Certification eg. CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.