Brinks Driver-Long Distance in Montreal, Quebec
Requisition #:32527Location:Montreal QC - B0227
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:High School Diploma
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Select LocaleEnglishFrench Canadian
As a Driver with our Canadian Trucking division, you will be scheduled for both short-haul and long-haul routes, providing you with a variety of routes and flexible schedules. Brink’s offers a great team driving experience, competitive wages, training and an opportunity to learn the security profession with a world-wide leader.
You will be responsible for safely operating a straight body armoured truck and/or tractor trailer in a team driver or convoy environment.
• Responsible for maintaining the clean and safe operating condition of assigned vehicles and equipment, including pre-post inspections and occasional emergency roadside repairs.
• Maintain a driver log according to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Canadian hours of service regulations.
• Adhere to all security, safety, and operating regulations in accordance with Company policy, ensuring the safety of the crew, the public and the goods being transported.
• Actively participate in loading/unloading of vehicles.
• Responsible for accurate and complete transactions on all paperwork; ensuring appropriate signatures are obtained.
• Must be familiar with completing driver logbooks, trans-border documentation, bills of Lading, inspection, and accident/incident reports.
• A valid Class 1 driver’s license and a minimum of 2 years’ experience with a clean, accident-free driving record and mountain driving experience.
• A valid firearms permit (Possession and Acquisition License for both Restricted and Non-Restricted).
• Able to drive in Canada and the United States.
• Able to work various shifts/hours, including multi-day overnight travel.
• Must be bilingual (English & French).
• Experience in customs clearance will be considered an asset.
Back to top