Comcast Cybersecurity Engineer 4, Connectivity Engineering in Moorestown, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will join a dedicated, professional team responsible for network security for Comcast. The Security Engineer 4 position is responsible for the design, configuration and implementation of effective security solutions which provide complete coverage and protection of the Comcast infrastructure.
Responsibilities include sustained engineering for multiple security detection and alerting tools. This includes monitoring performance, operational enhancements and outage remediation.
The individual in this role will perform advanced security system configurations, upgrades and troubleshooting, as well as design engineering solutions for security tools (i.e., firewalls, web proxies, or intrusion detection/intrusion prevention systems). During a critical security event, this position will be authorized to make customized changes to the various security tools or system configurations to minimize the immediate impact to the business.
- Collaborate with internal and 3rd party teams to implement security controls that protect the Comcast brand from real or perceived security breaches.
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of the company's network security environment, to ensure efficient and secure information flow.
- Perform troubleshooting of network connectivity issues involving security products, such as firewalls, VPNs, and advanced routing protocols.
- Build systems to automate deployment, configuration, and reduce human error for repeatable and well understood tasks.
- Develop, execute and maintain security system fault management support procedures for assigned systems.
- Perform proactive maintenance, upgrades and enhancements in accordance with the change management procedures and guidelines.
- Perform policy updates, signature definitions or configuration updates on various network security tools.
- Ensure timely proactive identification and reporting of security gaps and vulnerabilities to the critical business systems and network infrastructure.
- Assist with security compliance audits to verify completeness of required configurations and verify system hardening.
- Participate in the problem investigation of connectivity issues and security events related to security devices, identify root problem cause, and provide recommendations to improve reliability and availability, or reduce recovery time.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education :Bachelor's degree or Equivalent-Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- Professional security management certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), SANS GIAC, Security , SSCP, or other security related credentials preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years information security experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of perimeter security technologies including firewalls, network access controls, proxies, WAF, and IDPS.
- Architectural experience in developing conceptual, logical, and technical security designs.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest issues encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Experience with virtual server platforms and cloud-based services.
- Experience with security policy orchestration and rule automation using technologies such as Tufin.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of network protocols (i.e. TCP and UDP).
- Advanced routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Strong technical skills and capacity to learn emerging technologies
- Knowledge of industry standards like ISO 27001 and PCI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.