Comcast DevOps Engineer in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Comcast NAE team is looking for a dev-ops engineer who loves working with new technology and has a passion for working on highly performing distributed applications that process billions of transactions per day.
You will be responsible for installing, monitoring and troubleshooting software running on Big Data platforms and utilizing data streaming technologies. These systems will store real time device provisioning data used in advanced advertising, fraud mitigation, and auto authentication.
A successful candidate will have an established background in large scale service oriented applications running on hundreds of servers in multiple data centers. You should have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Manage the deployment and configuration of up to 100 servers
- Install and deploy software
- Design, develop and test software applications.
- Set up monitoring systems for all new hardware and software
- Perform and automate, and monitor daily database backups and maintenance
- Automate and maintain disaster recovery procedures, user assistance and troubleshooting
- Configure and manage the automated deployment process
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications meet technical requirements
- Diagnose performance issues both in the lab and in production, and propose and implement improvements
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, particularly pertaining to Big Data products and applications
- Plan database and server level capacity according to statistics and user requests
- Provide 24x7 on-call production support
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- 3 years developing multi-threaded applications leveraging Java/J2EE, Web Services (SOAP, REST), JSON, Spring and Hibernate.
- Advanced hands-on experience in developing automated test cases using the JUNIT framework and use of continuous integration such GoCD, Jenkins, Ant.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Hands-on operational experience with Kafka and FluentD, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, maintenance and upgrades.
- Hands-on operational experience with Cassandra NoSQL, troubleshooting and monitoring.
Excellent in troubleshooting Java application and network related issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience in writing technical system admin guides, installation guides and troubleshooting guides
- Willingness to be part of on-call.
- Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience with TCP/IP, networking technologies and protocols (DHCP, SNMP, TFTP).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.