Comcast Network Engineer 3 in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This individual will be a contributor in making contribution on Comcast Business services product development and support including SD-WAN SDN/NFV network technologies, Commercial Enterprise Service products, and Comcast MEF based Ethernet services.
This individual should have some knowledge and practical hands-on experience on network technologies such as IP routing, Ethernet switching, MPLS, and network protocols such as ISIS / OSPF / BGP.
This individual should have practical knowledge of customer network implementations.
Individual should have practical knowledge of large enterprise network implementations in various industries.
- Analysis and verifications SDN/NFV vendors' technologies and feasibilities for new Managed Services, Internet Services, and IP-VPN services of SD-WAN
- Analysis and verification of vendors technologies and feasibilities for new Ethernet, Optical, and Cloud Services
- Support functional testing, planning, testing executions and verify and track issues and resolve issues with vendors
-Support product introductions of new services of SD-WAN, such as generating M&P documents, training activation, care, NOC operation and other engineers, support escalations from Service activations, customer care and NOC operations.
-Support high level designs and integration OSS systems of Service fulfillments, service activations, and services assurances functions for new products.
- Services such as E-LINE and E-LAN services
- Knowledge and practical experiences of IP/MPLS/Ethernet network technologies protocols, implementation and operation, such as BGP, RIP, OSPF, ISIS, and MPLS (LDP, RSVP-TE, MP-BGP).
- Prior experience surrounding Ethernet and IP Service (Ethernet Private Line, Private LAN, Dedicated Internet, IPVLN, Internet, and Managed Router)
- Knowledge of IPS/IDS (Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems), DDoS, Firewalls and Security event management.
- CCNP, JNCIP certification and equivalent working experience
- It is desirable to have experiences in SDN / SD-WAN field
- It is desirable to have experiences in Service Provider role
- It is desirable to have experience in platform support and Network management tools.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.