Comcast Network Engineer Co-op in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Center Cooperative Internship Program (Co-op) is a six-month internship program based in the greater Philadelphia area. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. In this role you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your cooperative experience.
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Exciting opportunity for technical leadership of an engineering team focused on end-to-end design and build of the video over IP core infrastructure. Additional focus of the role will be to reach across the entire spectrum of the video ecosystem to collaborate with key stakeholders-product owners, video application teams, Network engineering architecture, and video operations support-to manage new product development and seamless integration of POR products into the service delivery network while maintaining the health and quality of existing video services.
Co-op responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Network configurations to support edge device deployment
-Scripting or web experience to enhance tools or provide visibility to services
-Configure layer 2 services on routers/switches
-Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from a United States-based college or university that has a Cooperative learning track.
-Major: Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems
-Minimum GPA: 3.2
-Ability to effectively communicate
-Strong interpersonal skills.
-Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
-Must be a flexible, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
-Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries.
-Ability to work on a team.
-Authorized to work in the United States of America.
-Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.