Eaton Corporation Team Leader - Project Engineering East in Mountainside, New Jersey
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Organization is seeking an Team Leader - Project Engineering - East. The position will be based at one of the following locations: Atlanta, GA, Raleigh, NC, Mountainside, NJ, Boston, MA, New York, NY, Baltimore, MD, Charlotte, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, or Boothwyn, PA.
This position leads the technical team supporting Large and Major project orders (defined as those having an order value over $100k) in the Northeast and Southeast regions. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, lead the activities of Project Engineers in the zones to ensure workload is properly distributed, training needs are identified and addressed, and that systems and processes are being used in an efficient and common manner, all in an effort to proactively support project orders for Customers, Field Sales and Project Managers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will provide leadership and development to Project Engineers supporting Large and Major project orders across the assigned zones.
• You will develop and motivate direct reports through goal setting, development plans, performance reviews and ongoing monitoring of performance.
• You will serve as escalation point of contact for technical and commercial issues.
• You will promote proactive technical project support through timely and accurate communications with internal partners (Product lines, Field Sales and Project Managers) and external customers relative to pricing and application support, managing Bill of Material and configuration changes, and providing documentation packages.
• You will actively promote the Project Management Organization capabilities to customers, distributors and sales.
• You will communicate product line changes which impact order management processes.
• You will facilitate the documentation, communication and training on revised procedures.
• You will utilize tools (Vista, Mentor, BidManager, Order Manager, PM Calculator) and other available resources to identify and resolve issues on project orders consisting of Built-To-Order, Assembled-To-Order, and Engineered-To-Order equipment as well as insuring workload balance across team.
• You will develop strong working relationships with Field Sales Management, the Project Management Leadership Team and key customers within the supported zones.
• You will coordinate with the Technical Services Team to support efforts to drive continuous improvements in the documentation processes.
• You will perform all other duties as required by Manager, Project Engineering.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in sales, customer service and/or project management/project engineering
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's license
• Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
• No relocation is offered for this position therefore the candidate must reside within 50 miles of the following locations: Atlanta, GA, Raleigh, NC, Mountainside, NJ, Boston, MA, New York, NY, Baltimore, MD, Charlotte, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, or Boothwyn, PA.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• PMP Certification from the Project Management Institute
• Strong application knowledge of Electrical Power Engineered Products (power distribution)
• Prior Managerial Experience
• Proficiency in Eaton proprietary tools and applications (Vista, Bid Manager, Order Manager, Mentor, PM Calculator)
Position Success Criteria:
• Leadership skills.
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication).
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and Eaton personnel at all management and professional levels.
• Proficient in creative problem solving, conflict resolution and managing priorities.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in key proprietary tools (Vista, Bid Manager, Order Manager) as well as Microsoft office applications.
• Market and customer knowledge and a solid understanding of the sales process and management of project orders.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.