Comcast Engineer 3, Network Engineering in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for network site planning, equipment deployment planning, deployment managing and basic design of network instances. Completes network deployment, manages contract teams in deployment, provisions and supports, wireless, Ethernet transport regional network serving residential and commercial customers. Responds to network incidents, determines resources needed for correction and corrects or leads team involved in resolving incident. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge of Comcast products and services.
- Demonstrates expertise in the technologies incorporated in Comcast products and services.
- Demonstrates expertise in routing technologies and protocols including BGP, ISIS, firewalls, MPLS and QoS.
- Conduct customer technical interviews excellent communication skills a must.
- Develops practices and procedures for network installation, maintenance and operation.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for network elements.
- Schedules equipment activations, customer-affecting network maintenance develops documents of customer networks for network users. Meets with potential customers, designs solutions, works with vendors on pricing and implements solutions that are adaptable to customer need changes.
- Exercises judgment during incident management, site design, network configuration and network activation to ensure efficient use of funds and time.
- Designs network site planning for multiple regional network sites.
- Represents Regional Company interests with providers to ensure timely delivery of circuits.
- Develops and maintains network element documentation and inventory. Maintains appropriate inventory or network spare equipment for rapid restoration.
- Orders, tracks and reports on all internal and external wired and wireless connection activation activities.
- Develops cost proposal documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.