Comcast Project Manager 2, Project Management in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for End to End deployment management of IP Edge infrastructure. Work in a cross-functional environment with regional engineering, field engineering, IP deployment, edge planning and EPMO. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Accountable for the overall Project Management (End-to-End) for the IP Edge infrastructure implementation on the Comcast network.
- Work closely with field contacts to provide us four month in advance forecasted dates to achieve Just In Time inventory goals provided by finance while staying within our quarterly CMTS budget.
- Review run rates, and current capacity requirements
- Analyze and forecast capital requirements for new products and services
- Coordination of project status information in the form of formal briefings, project coordination meetings, written and graphic reports both internally and externally to Comcast EPS.
- Analyzes business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing deployment processes as necessary.
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which processes will be written.
- Conducts periodic reviews for new processes to meet current and projected business needs.
- Supports in the preparation of project-phase plans, implementation schedules, and cost benefit estimates.
- Supports in the monitoring of implementation progress for compliance with budget and time constraints.
- Functions as a liaison between the Edge Deployment team, Division Engineering and cross-functional teams to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion, ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall project ownership.
- Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, and changes.
- Identifies project scope and objectives. Manages a cross-functional team including third party vendors and other resources; coordinates activities to achieve goals.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects. Plans and directs schedule and budget.
- Coordinates resources and needs, developing and maintaining regular contact with vendors for support and services.
- Maintains communication with stakeholders. Provides status reports to Project Managers, vendors, stakeholders, and resources.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of 12 years' experience in technical project management
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a telecom environment
- Previous telecom deployment experience
- Vendor management and forecasting experience (Arris E6000, Cisco cBR8)
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational ability
- Excellent oral / written communication and inter-personal skills
- Microsoft office 2010 suite (Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint and/or VBA)
- Knowledge of IP router networks (DOCSIS, PON)
- Significant experience particularly in desktop data analysis tools including Excel and Tableau
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is mandatory
- Previous technical working experience in cable (HFC), telecommunications, IT, or military is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL or mySQL queries is a plus
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP) considered a plus
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.