Hilton Assistant Sales Manager in Mumbai, India
An Assistant Sales Manager with Hilton Hotels and Resorts supports the Sales Team through analysis and reporting of results and trends, recommends sales approaches to expand and add business, and develops the skills and culture of the Sales Team Members.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brandﾒs reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Sales Manager, you are responsible for working closely with the Sales Team to analyse market trends, report results and develop a Sales Team to execute the selling strategy and achieve business objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Analyse local market trends and develop new business leads
- Maximise all Revenue opportunities
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departmentsﾒ adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Ensure the Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards and pro-active selling
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels including social media sites
- Work within current business strategies and recognise potential opportunities
- Communicate with all departments as required within each hotel
- Attend Sales events when required
- Report on a weekly/monthly basis appointments, calls made, and list of business leads
- Answer customer queries in a timely and suitable manner
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Sales Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Previous experience in sales role with the ability to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Business degree, or any relevant qualification, would be advantageous
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
- More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
- Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guestrooms
- Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
- More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
- Harris Poll EquiTrendﾮ, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
- Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry
Job: Sales and Marketing
Title: Assistant Sales Manager
Requisition ID: HOT01VHT