McKesson Network System Administrator in Munster, Ireland
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Position: Network System Administrator X 2
The candidate will provide Tier III network troubleshooting and maintenance in a 24x7x365 network control center. The position will need to maintain a ticket queue resolving issues based on priority that gets escalated by lower Tier teams and SLA. The position demands someone comfortable with collaborating in and outside of the department to drive issues to resolution.
· Must have experience with circuit providers and troubleshooting circuit related issues.
· Core networking fundamental skills are critical for this role to troubleshoot routing, switching, and wireless infrastructures. (Cisco Skills is a plus)
· Understanding of STP (PVSTP, PVSTP ), MSTP, HSRP, LACP.
· Candidate must have familiarity with DNS and DHCP.
· Engineer must be familiar with EIGRP, BGP, Static Routing
· Ability to make changes via a CLI method.
· Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers and management.
· Display organizational skills to prioritize issues based on severity.
· Must be a self motivator to research solutions based on need.
· Knowledge and experience with Cisco , HP, NSM, Citrix Netscalars and Wanscalars and F5
· Familiarity with network monitoring and ticketing tools, i.e. Remedy, SMARTS, Scrutinizer
· Working knowledge of access lists, firewalls, and troubleshooting along the lines.
· Firm understanding of Wireless technologies, channels, SNR.
· Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
Certifications and Previous Experience
· CCNA, CCNP or CCDP Preferred
· Cisco Data Center Network (Nexus Devices)
· 2 years in network supporting role, required
Organization: McKesson Corporate
Title: Network System Administrator
Requisition ID: 18002326