Monsanto Military Veteran Electrical & Instrumentation Technician in MUSCATINE, Iowa
At Monsanto, helping military veterans transition from deployment to employment is a top priority. Our mission is to help our nation’s veterans build their corporate careers. We want innovative leaders who can think big, readily accept challenges, and deliver results on behalf of our customers. We acknowledge that these traits comprise the very core of the men and women who have served our country.
Monsanto is a company that thrives on integrity, service, teamwork and commitment. As part of our efforts to support all our veterans, Monsanto is committed to recruiting veterans who share our values in producing more, conserving more, and improving lives around the world. Our Veteran Heroes In Ag program was created to identify positions and skills to attract, hire and retain this quality talent to further improve our diverse and talented workforce.
This program is a guide to transition with world class mentorship and development training from a global Fortune 500 company. The Heroes in Ag program will include additional training, mentorship, resources for transition, and opportunities to access leadership.
Position Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Maintenance team. The Electrical & Instrumentation Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of our facilities including various types of electrical and process control devices used for Production processes, ensuring safety and quality in alignment with applicable procedures. You will be expected to collaborate with employees across the plant and handle basic activities in Monsanto systems (SAP and electronic networks).
Responsibilities of the Position:
• Demonstrate ability and working knowledge to conduct and complete maintenance on company facilities, equipment, and process control devices across the warehouse, plant and field including preventative maintenance tasks
• Maintain accurate records for all equipment and facility maintenance activities performed, leveraging internal IT systems (Maintenance Connection)
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Monsanto’s Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures)
• Report any issues to areas, Safety technicians, and management as appropriate and in a timely manner
• Perform any other tasks across functional areas depending on site and seasonal needs
• Repairs, replaces, or makes new installations to equipment as necessary to minimize down time of production.
• Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with the labeling and ordering of tools
• Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork
• Troubleshoots, and repairs electrical systems, and acts as a resource regarding plant electrical and NFPA70E regulation standards.
• Assist in determining root cause of failure and work with engineering to develop reliability resolutions.
• Mentor maintenance trainees; provide developmental coaching to peers and set personal development goals.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems)
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings such as Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams or Engineering Flow Diagrams, single line drawings, schematics and the ability to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures.
• Foundational Lean Manufacturing, ESH & Quality Compliance:Demonstrates knowledge of Monsanto’s Functional standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures). Follows site policies, uses site resources responsibly and supports others in their work
• Operational Efficiency: Executes manufacturing processes to hit operational efficiency targets, identifies areas of improvement and implements solutions
• Technical Competence: Completes assigned tasks while continuously developing the technical skills required in his/her role
• Customer Focus: Understands how his/her role impacts the final product our customers and communities receive
• Technical college diploma and/or related technical certification preferred
• Experience using of SAP and PLC
• Advanced training in trade school and/or relevant certification is desirable
Description of Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position is in a maintenance shop with frequent work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions. The requirements for this position involve the willingness to work in a variety of areas (shop, office, outside, in man lifts, scissors lifts, etc.) including frequent walking and standing. Position requires willingness to climb with the ability to perform elevated work utilizing portable ladders and fall protection equipment within the current ANSI duty rating. Position involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs. Use of a Full-Face Respirator / Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, and Level-A Suit required for work with HHMs. Work hours will mainly be days. Overtime hours including evening and weekend work required as needed to support the business needs.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Organization: US SC CP Muscatine Plant51012008_
Title: Military Veteran Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Location: North America-USA-Iowa-Muscatine
Requisition ID: 01PH5
Job: Chemical Manufacturing
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement