HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I trauma center by DHEC and the American College of Surgeons.
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Joint Commission, a leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States, for our sepsis program and as a top performer in key quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and stroke.
ThePharmacy Technicianassists the Pharmacist in preparing and delivering medication to our patients. The Pharmacy Tech provides further technical skills in assisting with patient care area inspections, restocking all medication storage areas and other duties as assigned. The Pharmacy Technician prepares chemotherapy, talc syringes efficiently and processes physician orders utilizing Meditech (order entry). * *
* A High School Diploma or GED preferred
* A Pharmacy Technician license with the state of South Carolina LLR is required
* A Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) registration is required
* Previous Pharmacy experience preferred
* Previous computer experience strongly preferred
* Effective communication skills are required
* Ability to work well with others is required
* Should be able to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds * Should be able to maintain balance well and stand, twist/turn and/or walk for eight hours minimum
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: South Carolina-Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00104-10408